Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Conagra Brands is looking for an EHS Manager for the Sandwich Bros plant located in Milwaukee, WI. The EHS Manager manages plant Environment, Health and Safety (EH&S) programs to ensure operations minimize the impact upon the environment and provide a safe and accident-free work environment. Responsible for leading and supporting the development of and implementation of a facility-wide EHS culture through technical support, program development, and relationship building. Implements safety key concepts to provide the road map to zero injuries and world class performance. Implements environmental key concepts and maintains documentation to complete all environmental reporting in a timely manner and ensures ongoing environmental compliance. Plans and/or delivers programs to train managers and employees in work site safety and environmental practices. Promotes plant safety, environmental responsibility and sustainability stewardship by working with all departments to analyze current situation and recommend improvements. Analyzes accident data to identify trends and accident types that can be prevented.
- Manages all aspects of environmental, health, safety and sustainable development programs
- Directs environmental compliance and performance functions in accordance with government regulations, corporate compliance guidelines and applicable environmental requirements
- Ensures timely submittal of all environmental reports
- Promotes an accident-free work environment by developing programs that routinely train, monitor and assure a safe workplace
- Plans and delivers programs to train managers and employees in workplace safety practices
- Assists in accident investigations and prepare accident reports required by regulatory agencies
- Conducts inspections and audits in plant and at other facilities to detect existing or potential accident hazards and determine corrective or preventative measures
- Facilitates the Central Safety Committee process by active participation in the subcommittee process and acting as a resource for each group
- Administers initial Workers Compensation functions
- Guides and directs plant toward compliance of State, Federal and local Safety and Environmental regulations
- Determine and direct necessary compliance training for all individuals to assure OSHA, TOSHA, EPA and ConAgra training requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year university in Industrial Hygiene, Safety Management, Environmental Health or Environmental Health and Safety preferred
- Minimum of five years industrial safety experience and a CSP certification preferred
- Strong PC skills (Microsoft Office applications)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience building and leading teams
- Thorough understanding of OSHA, EPA and DOT regulations
- Ability to interpret State and Federal regulations and applicability to facility to ensure compliance
- Ability to write regulatory reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Experience performing risk assessments and audits
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.