Refrigeration Technician / Utilities - Nights - Bakery Plant
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Safety - demonstrated behaviors in support of company safety procedures with focus on zero injuries.
- Follow and comply with all Safe Quality Food (SQF) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
- Working with and participation in implementing PSM.
- Preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, & repair of plant systems:
- Ammonia and HVAC systems and associated equipment
- Chillers, cold water and Glycol
- Condensers and water towers
- Evaporators and heat exchangers
- Compressors, maintenance and controls
- Water & steam boilers systems and associated equipment
- Boiler chemistry
- Boiler temperatures and pressures
- Softeners chemical test and adjustments
- Electrical and gas systems and associated equipment
- Gas and electric HVAC (RTUs)
- Electrical switchgear
- Fire Control systems and associated equipment
- Identify and resolve repetitive mechanical failures to include modification and design of failed parts. Recommendation of improvements both electrical and mechanical either by new part sourcing or design.
- Actively support the Conagra Performance System (CPS) continuous improvement activities.
- Experience high performance work systems; 5S, working in teams, problem solving, and six sigma.
- Receive additional training as needed to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Promptly at the start of the shift review the work schedule, check equipment and supplies required to perform the work scheduled and prepare for operations.
- Record data such as, temperatures of equipment, hours of operation, temperature and pressure, water levels, analysis of flue gases, voltage load and generator balance.
- Complete all required paperwork accurately and on time.
- Adjust manual controls or override automatic controls to bring equipment into recommended or prescribed operating ranges, switch to backup equipment or systems, or to shutdown equipment.
- Visually inspect equipment at periodic intervals to detect malfunctions or need for repair, adjustment, or lubrication.
- Maintain equipment by tightening fittings, repacking bearings, replacing packing glands, gaskets, valves, recorders, and gauges, and cleaning or replacing burners or other components, using hand tools or power tools.
- Oil and lubricate equipment.
- Complete a visual safety check of the grounds/facility.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and maintain the ammonia leak detection, fire protection, and fire water sprinkler systems for the industrial and office complex.
- Requisition spare parts, materials, and supplies as required.
- Record maintenance and operations activities.
- Perform other duties that the Team Leader or Coordinator might require.
- Work overtime as required to achieve production, sanitation and maintenance schedules.
- The ability to interact effectively and professionally with coworkers.
- Be able to perform all skills as outlined on the Skills Element Tree.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Basic mechanical skills and knowledge of machinery
- Basic electrical, communication, math, and computer skills
- Experience working in a production, manufacturing or distribution environment for 3+ months
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Willing to obtain and retain the following certifications within designated timeframe:
- Universal HVAC within 6 months
- RETA CARO Certification within 9 months
- Hazmat Emergency Responder designation within 12 months
- RETA CIRO Certification within 15 months
- Hazmat Incident Commander within 24 months
- Boiler Operator License and Ammonia Technician Level within 24 months
- PSM/RMP training within 36 months
- 2-3 years of continual ammonia maintenance experience
- Technical degree in related field, or at least one of the following:
- RETA CARO Certification
- RETA CIRO Certification
- Universal HVAC Certification
- Boiler Operator License
- Experience working in a food processing or packaging environment
- Experience working in an automated machinery environment (with PLCs or MMIs)
- Experience work in a USDA, FDA, OSHA, or GMP compliant environment
- Proficiency in MS Office Programs
- Proficiency in SAP
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk/hear, stand, walk, use hands and tools, reach with hands and arms, stoop kneel, crouch, or crawl, and taste or smell.
- The employee must regularly lift and / or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. Requires normal range of hearing and vision (including colors) to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports and results.
- May be subject to blood borne pathogens and other infectious illnesses, occupational hazardous materials and associated protective activities and donning personal protective equipment
- Monitoring, rebuilding, and repairing equipment
- Ascending and descending from Step Ladders, Platform ladders and Extension Ladders
- Notice and be able to attend and distinguish normal from abnormal noises in equipment and machinery. Listen and respond to fork lift truck safety beeps and public announcement intercom system
- Basic computer skills and ability to operate monitoring equipment required
- Physically able to respond timely to emergency situations at facility
- Ability to pass a Respirator fit test
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. The Company recognizes that an individual with a disability may require an accommodation to enable him/her to successfully perform a job function. Consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.