Associate Brand Manager Intern (Summer 2019)
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Our Brand Management internship program will allow interns to develop analytical and strategic thinking skills while working on challenging projects as an ABM (Associate Brand Manager) on one of our businesses. It will provide exposure to senior management, allow interns to experience day-to-day work as an ABM within our brand teams and afford interns the opportunity to learn more about our businesses through networking events. Interns will review the intern achievements and make a final recommendation by presenting an executive summary to the Brand team and senior leadership.
Brand Management internships will be offered in our Downtown Chicago, IL office. Individuals who successfully complete an internship will be considered for a full-time position as an Associate Brand Manager.
Typical summer assignments might include:
- Working on our highly recognized consumer brands such as Hunt’s, Orville Redenbacher, Marie Callender’s, Slim Jim, and Hebrew National
- Analyzing competitor actions and strategies and recommending brand responses
- Evaluating new product opportunities and platforms based on consumer insights
- Re-staging and positioning product platforms
- Establishing the strategy and executing an FSI/banner ad working with an advertising agency or consumer promotions agency
- Preparing and evaluating bids for new retailer business
- Developing Sales Stories for new retailer opportunities
- Creating total Conagra brand strategies
- Develop knowledge and expertise in the consumer packaged food business
- Build brand management experience working with cross-functional groups on strategic plans and tactical execution
- Hone your analytical and creative skills to find ways of delighting our consumers and customers
- Current Marketing MBA student
- People who are creative and innovative
- Strategic thinkers who can solve problems and make decisions
- Leaders who can champion ideas and concepts
- Team players who work well in cross-functional work groups
- Individuals with strong interpersonal skills
- Analytical thinkers who are comfortable with data and numbers
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.