Associate Consumer Escalation Specialist
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Individuals in this role will interface with external call center team and internal cross functional partners (R&D, Customer facing Quality team, Lab, Risk management, consumers, customers, and outside agencies), to document, investigate, and resolve product concerns and inquiries as well as collect information which aids in root cause identification and resolution. In addition, this role will work closely with internal teams to investigate potential issues and trends, and must be able to effectively handle conflict situations. The Consumer Escalation Care Specialist is responsible for development and management of effective resolution of consumer and customer contacts via inbound contact methods (i.e. phone, social media, email, letters, customer/FS contact channels etc.) as well as assisting the external team in resolution management. Excellent communication skills and comprehensive knowledge of all platforms is essential, as well as a strong working knowledge of good manufacturing practices and food safety programs.
- Analyze and respond to inquiries and complaints received from consumers or customers via various inbound contact methods, as well as escalations from external call center team. Negotiate mutually satisfactory resolutions while exercising good judgment and exemplary customer service skills.
- Effectively manage conflict situations and respond to consumers and / or customers with empathy and professionalism, using probing questions to clarify the issue, share knowledge of food safety programs, and building trust through respect and transparency.
- Ownership, analysis, and case management of Customer Contacts/Food Service Contacts (including McDonalds) in a timely manner, while adhering to customer playbook and expectations
- Liaison for key cross functional external team members, and decision maker for transfer of knowledge regarding innovation, renovation, and new product education.
- Project management and facilitation of any process improvement training. Champion of continuous improvement ideas regarding process improvement, efficiencies, and overall insights that may positively impact the business.
- Manage internal key stakeholder partnerships, and lead engagement activities for alignment and continuous improvement. Foster synergies among team members, providing reporting discoveries, insights and trends that can be useful for R&D and Supply chain Quality for overall service and decision making.
- Provide advisory and support aligned with the overall escalation strategy for Tier 3 reps/Supervisors at call center regarding questions and concerns. Development and continuous improvement regarding the escalation processes for the external team
- Conduct, document and trend QA scans, subject code verification, and case validation and partner with the external team supervisors on alignment and coaching.
- Partner with external call center to provide research, analysis and advisory when responding to consumers involving ingredients, food safety, proper usage, nutritional information, and other topics for our products.
- Oversight, guidance, and advisory for handling intensely sensitive or delicate situations to preserve or improve the company reputation or image. (This involves the handling of recalls, alleged illnesses, media threats, USDA threats, FDA threats, CFIA threats, litigation threats, and more).
- Coordinate and prioritize the sample retrieval process support. Partnering with the lab resources to evaluate consumer/customer concerns and follow up to provide feedback to the consumer/customer, external call center and other internal partners.
- Partner with internal CA team /external call center on Foreign Material Retrieval Program which includes working with our manufacturing plants for FM investigation responses or corrective actions.
- Partner with External Call center regarding escalation of contacts to set up claims processing while partnering with Risk Management and third party claims agents.
- Collaborate with peers and management to share discoveries, align and execute new processes changes, continuous improvement tactics, and strategic goals
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Consumer Science, Food Science, Home Economics, Communication, Public Relations or other related fields strongly preferred or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years of customer interfacing or customer service experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a CPG company in Quality Assurance, Research & Development or Customer Service environment preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership, and the ability to work with team, cross functionally, and externally.
- Analytical experience in conducting and writing formal evaluations.
- Must possess effective and diplomatic written and verbal communication skills and strong relationship building skills
- Advanced knowledge of computer operations required and ability to multitask between computer systems.
- Strong knowledge of consumer contact data systems, consumer communications software, customer database operations and corporate web sites preferred.
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, Outlook, and other related software programs.
- Strong analytical/ problem solving aptitude and ability to identify trends and call attention to deviations.
- Familiarity with company product, procedures and systems knowledge strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with products and Conagra Brands is desirable.
- Strong working knowledge of food safety and quality programs.
- Strong time management skills and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with consumer communications software, customer database operations and corporate web sites preferred.
- Must adhere to work schedule in the office and when working remotely have access to reliable high-speed internet and phone service.
- When working remote must be able to provide a safe and professional dedicated work environment, free from background noise and distraction.
- Must live within a 50-mile radius of Omaha, NE.
- Must currently have or be able to obtain reliable high-speed internet access and phone service.
- Ability to sit for duration of shift
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.