Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Under direct supervision, analyze and study the general properties of bacteria and other microorganisms in both food and food processing environments through applied research and routine testing at the Corporate Microbiology Laboratory. May conduct a wide range of tests to assess that quality specifications have been met. Conducts analyses in a timely, accurate, and cost-effective manner according to the written laboratory methods, quality control standards and practices, and safety practices and procedures.
- Assists in maintaining requirements for ISO 17025. (International Organization for Standardization, global quality standard for testing and calibration laboratories)
- Assists in developing, writing and updating, laboratory SOP’s and approved procedures.
- Participates in the API proficiency program.
- Analyzes ingredients, products, and related samples for spoilage and pathogenic microorganisms.
- Plans and conducts applied research projects such as shelf life studies, challenge studies and other special projects upon request with assistance.
- Analysis of new methods for detecting, enumerating and identifying microorganisms of concern.
- Perform other assorted duties related to quality assurance, research, and laboratory operations as assigned.
- Guides and helps laboratory technicians.
- Maintains accurate and detailed laboratory data and notebooks.
- Maintains and calibrates instruments and equipment as well as a clean laboratory environment.
- Prepares and edits technical reports.
- Stays current with pertinent scientific literature, performs literature searches.
- BS Degree with major studies in Biology, Microbiology, Food Science or Biochemistry required.
- Minimum of 1 year related laboratory experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work with limited supervision, and work with others as a team.
- Basic knowledge of food safety, food development processes, and aseptic technique.
- Good interpersonal and relationship skills.
- Ability to follow technical procedures.
- Ability to collect and analyze data, draw conclusions based on facts, and write concise reports.
- Weekend/overtime work required.
- Minimum travel to plants required.
- Ability to operate laboratory equipment
- Ability to stand for majority of shift
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to work around lab equipment noise
- Ability to tolerate odors associated with microbiological testing
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.