Associate Packaging Engineer
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
An Associate Packaging Engineer works toward development and commercialization of new, improved, and cost-reduced packaging. This position primarily supports base business technical projects and will also assist senior level engineers and packaging teams in complex technical projects.
- Support technical delivery of base business and high complexity projects.
- May manage smaller projects independently.
- Participate and execute experiments in plant trials.
- Prepare and present results of technical reports, both written and oral.
- Interpret, develop, and issue technical specifications.
- Acquire working knowledge of the packaging principles and operating systems for assigned platform.
- Maintain awareness of technical trends and developments in the packaging industry.
- Awareness of project implications to budget.
- Gain familiarity with fiscal and strategic plans of team.
- Contribute as needed on cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Packaging, Engineering, or related field required.
- Minimum of 1 year work experience in packaging or engineering industry or internship history required (CPG preferred)
- Basic understanding of packaging materials, capabilities and equipment.
- Knowledge of test methodology.
- Ability to collaborate and maintain cross-functional partnerships.
- Sound verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated time management and prioritization skills.
- Moderate analytical and logical problem solving abilities.
- Understanding of basic business principles.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to travel up to 20-40% of time. Must be able to travel independently and as a responsible company representative
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.