Buildings and Grounds Maintenance - Nights - Bakery Plant
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Safety, demonstrate behaviors in support of company safety procedures with focus on zero injuries.
- Quality, demonstrate behaviors in support of quality work processes to include documentation and sanitary practices.
- Continuous Improvement, actively support the Conagra Performance System-CPS. Experience high performance work systems; 5S, working in teams, problem solving, six sigma, TPM, training, continuous skills development-CSD, auditing, planned and/or autonomous maintenance-AM.
- Follow and comply with all Safe Quality Food (SQF) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
- Ability to maintain mastery on all skill sets that the associate has been certified on through ongoing skills audits and rotation.
- Perform routine lubrication and maintain oil levels of plant-wide production machinery.
- Monitor and maintain industrial and office infrastructure systems, including lighting, city water, and drains.
- Monitor and maintain outdoor plant grounds and walkways, including snow removal.
- Direct and supervise external contractors on facility improvement and repair projects.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and rebuild pumps and valves.
- Assemble and move equipment, storage cabinets, and office furniture.
- Keep up to date records of maintenance work orders, needed repairs, and parts requests and inventories.
- Assist maintenance personnel in maintaining stationary support systems and production equipment and machinery.
- Competent in the use of electrical testing equipment and basic hand tools.
- Capable of performing small installations, (conduit and other electrical equipment).
- Have math skills as needed for measuring and calculating electrical formulas.
- Be able to identify electrical components and follow wiring diagrams.
- Perform duties with speed, precision, and conscientiousness and with a high regard for workplace safety.
- Work overtime as required to achieve production and maintenance schedules.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Keep work areas and equipment clean and safe.
- The ability to meet attendance requirements.
- The ability to interact effectively and professionally with coworkers.
- Experience working in a production, manufacturing or distribution environment for 3+ months
- Experience working with hand tools and using machine shop tools and techniques to fabricate and repair machine parts
- Experience reading and interpreting blue prints and electrical schematics
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
- Associate of Applied Science or equivalent two (2) year college degree
- Experience working in an automated food processing or packaging environment
- Experience welding using oxyacetylene cutting torch, ARC welder and plasma cutter
- Two (2) years of experience maintaining industrial equipment and machinery. Including experience replacing chains, bearings, bushings, and wear parts on mechanical equipment; troubleshooting and calibrating timed machinery and electronic instrumentation and controls; and maintaining pneumatic and hydraulic lines, fittings, and cylinders
- Experience working in an automated machinery environment (with PLCs or MMIs)
- Experience working in a USDA, FDA, OSHA, or GMP compliant environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Sit, stand, walk and climb stairs during time on duty
- May be subject to blood borne pathogens and other infectious illnesses, occupational hazardous materials and associated protective activities and donning personal protective equipment
- Monitoring, rebuilding, and repairing equipment
- Ascending and descending from step ladders and extension ladders
- Notice and be able to attend and distinguish normal from abnormal noises in equipment and machinery. Listen and respond to fork lift truck safety beeps and public announcement intercom system
- Basic computer skills and ability to operate monitoring equipment required
- Physically able to respond timely to emergency situations at facility
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. The Company recognizes that an individual with a disability may require an accommodation to enable him/her to successfully perform a job function. Consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.