Casual Occupational Health Nurse (Nurse RN) - 3rd Shift
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Provides professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of employees. Prepares equipment and executes sound nursing judgment and within appropriate RN scope of practice for patient’s examinations and treatments. Observes and maintains record on patient care, condition, reactions and progress. Assists in developing preventive health care and safety programs. Registered Nurse certification.
- Maintains and adheres to the Occupational Health Services Policy and Procedure Manuals and Medical Evaluation Guidelines
- Performs occupational health services in the provision of supportive or restorative care under physician standing orders
- Provides first aid/emergency care/stabilization for injured/ill team members and secures appropriate transportation as required
- Provides first aid treatment for injuries and illnesses
- Provides nursing care for occupational and non-occupational conditions based upon the Medical Evaluation Guidelines
- Administers over-the-counter and prescription medications as ordered according to Standing Medication Orders and as ordered by the company physician
- Schedules and/or perform assessments and testing according to company policy, including but not limited to, health assessments for post-hire, injury/illness, respirator/HazMat surveillance, drug and alcohol testing
- Collaborates with other health, safety, production and human resources team members in a comprehensive approach to the team member’s health
- Communicates information regarding work-related injuries and illnesses to the RN Supervisor and/or Medical Case Manager and Third Party Administrator (TPA)
- Assists with follow-up, maintenance, and documentation of workers’ compensation cases
- Conducts daily plant walk-through to ensure team-member and team-leader compliance with prescribed modified/restricted duty job requirements
- Maintains Occupational Health Services records and reporting systems according to OSHA, State, company, and legal requirements. Records maintained include but are not limited to, post-hire assessments, team member health records, OSHA records, audiometric testing, and individual health surveillance records
- Maintains confidentiality of team member health records according to company policy and HIPPA.
- Assists with team member health promotion, education and training programs
- Plans and develops objectives of plant’s Health and Safety Services Determine need for further medical treatment of occupational injuries and coordinate treatment
- Recommends preventative and corrective measures
- Orders and maintains a supply of personal safety equipment and health services supply
- Trains associates on wellness programs
- Performs OSHA recordkeeping
- Ensures compliance with safety regulations
- Prepares reports of medical statistical data
- Maintains accurate records and reports
- Collects accurate accident/illness information
- Casual nurses will be required to sign up for a minimum of two shifts per month or as business needs require
- Minimum academic preparation includes completion of accredited school of registered nursing program and current license to practice as a registered nurse in Iowa.
- Bachelor’s in Nursing preferred.
- Two years+ experience required in the performance of nursing skills relative to Occupational Health Nursing preferred.
- Current CPR/First Aid Responder certification.
- Communication, problem-solving and organizational skills desired.
- Knowledge of personal computers and proficient in computer related software skills i.e. Microsoft Office, Excel
- Ability to write and document reports
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, and feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; taste and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee will be exposed to a noisy environment that varies from hot to cold in temperature. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.