Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
- Responsible for effective cost control during all phases of assigned Conagra Brands capital projects, to promote successful completion within approved cost. Validates that project estimates and Capital Investment Requests are prepared in compliance with policies and procedures. Collaborates effectively with other functions to ensure that project transactions and changes in project scope are made according to policies and documented standard procedures. Identifies and investigates project cost risks, proposes solutions and escalates appropriately. Minimum 3 years related finance, accounting or engineering related experience preferred. Multiple positions to be located in Omaha, NE.
- Provides expertise to project teams regarding cost control procedures, and, in coordination with finance partners, regarding Capital Investment and Fixed Asset policies.
- Develops and maintains standard operating procedures (SOPs) and tools, designed to promote effective project cost control, and conducts training of other resources within Supply Chain Engineering and other interdependent departments.
- Interacts frequently with other functions within Supply Chain Engineering, and with members of other departments including Procurement, Finance and Operations.
- Reviews capital investment requests for accuracy and inconsistencies, to ensure appropriate allocation to correct budget categories, and for professional completion.
- Routes to approvers and monitors status of all capital investment requests for assigned area(s).
- Ensures appropriate use of project estimate work breakdown structures, in collaboration with the project manager.
- Builds SAP capital projects per estimate work breakdown structure
- Creates SAP capital project purchase requisitions
- Facilitates timely resolution of issues related to SAP requisitions, purchase orders, invoices, tax or other project cost issues, in collaboration with Engineers, Project Managers, Procurement, Accounts Payable and the Tax Dept.
- Obtains approvals from project managers and posts SAP goods and services receipts
- Ongoing maintenance of Project Cost Metrics Access database
- Provide guidance and assistance to Finance, Engineering and Operations personnel during capital appropriation document preparation.
- Manages capital project reporting to ensure projects are managed within budgets.
- Identifies opportunities and solutions that drive process improvements.
- Performs monthly close processes including accruals and reclass entries necessary to report accurate monthly spending.
- Facilitates capital planning and forecasting cash flows with assigned locations.
- Other various data entry, tracking and analysis responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field required
- Minimum 3 years finance, accounting, engineering or other related experience
- The successful candidate will have strong communication and interpersonal skills and be adept at working as part of an interdependent team
- Strong MS Office Suite skills
- Previous SAP or a similar Enterprise Solution software solution is a definite asset
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.