Culinary Intern (Summer 2019)
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Who is Conagra Brands?
We are an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.
Your internship will be an 11-week immersion into Conagra Brands and our Research & Development organization. As an intern for our Culinary Innovation team, you will be responsible for one primary project that will be determined at the onset of your internship. In addition to your primary project, you will support our team of Development Chefs on a variety of culinary responsibilities. These responsibilities may include:
- Gold-standard development
- Benchtop development
- Concept ideation
- Assisting with the execution of internal and external events
- Provide culinary guidance to cross-functional partners (Product development, packaging, processing, marketing, supply chain, etc.)
- Manage internal and external product cuttings
- Identification and interpretation of culinary trends
- Procure, organize and maintain kitchen inventory
- Kitchen stewardship (sanitation, maintenance, organization, etc.)
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Paid Internship
- Interns will work 40 hours per week May 20-August 2, 2019
- Social and Professional Development Opportunities, such as Intern Orientation, Lessons from Leaders and a Summer Send Off
- Functional and Cross Functional Trainings, Overviews, and Learnings
- Intern class of 50+ students from 12+ colleges and universities across the country
- Perks such as "dress for your day attire", 1 p.m. dismissals on Fridays
Incumbent must have the ability to effectively perform all of the following physical demands without assistance:
- Ability to safely and comfortably lift 25 pounds frequently, up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Ability to stand and work on feet for extended periods of time up to four hours
- Work in a kitchen setting on various surface types
- Exposure to microwaves and testing equipment
This position description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required. To be considered for employment, you must complete an application at www.conagrabrands.com/careers.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.