Director Contract Manufacturing
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Leads and directs all aspects of Contract manufacturing for key relationships. Provides a consistent and sustainable approach to the selection of Copackers, the start-up of new items at Copackers and the maintenance of ongoing Copacker relationships. This position is responsible for ensuring compliance to all aspects of Copacker contracts including cost reduction processes, capacity and ensuring the Contract Manufacturers meet or exceed standards developed and audited by Copacker Quality Assurance, Finance and other functional areas.
- Manages the most complicated and challenging relationships with minimal supervision leveraging experience and credibility to influence at all levels of both the Copacker and the organization. Responsible for the overall relationship and performance of assigned Contract Manufacturers.
- Creates a performance vision and develops strategies for Contract Manufacturers that reflect business tactical and strategic needs. Assesses supplier performance and proactively ensures quality, service, and cost objectives are achieved through coaching and influence management.
- Develops processes, procedures and controls to ensure compliance with the company's contracts (Financial standards and yields, Quality standards and regulations, production and shipping reporting, operational excellence, capacity requirements, etc.).
- Coaches internal stakeholders on supplier interaction to drive effective execution.
- May manage a staff of Operations Managers and support organizations. Develop Staff by providing accurate and reflective individual insights, educational opportunities and experimental growth opportunities.
- Leads cross functional teams including M&OP, Finance, T & W, Quality and other organizations in delivery of results. Lead platform operations team in the development of FY standard costs with Finance for assigned platform/product lines.
- Independently manages complex and/or strategically significant projects through execution ensuring critical success criteria are met (key milestones, ramp up attainment/adherence, CQV/VSU, TDC, etc.)
- Responsible for developing and executing complex negotiations strategy independently (leveraging business acumen, creativity and negotiation skills)
- Develops overall strategies leveraging market analysis for assigned categories to meet business needs including total delivered cost reduction, new and/or incremental categories, and innovation.
- Performs market analysis, leverages benchmarks (internal/external), supplier segmentation, trends in technology, should cost modeling.
- Program strategy owner (CCR, Selection, Maintenance, Start up, etc.) for platform and /or Contract Manufacturing organization. Represents Contract Manufacturing at various functional and company-wide initiatives. Develops staff through direct supervision or mentoring.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering or other related field of study. MBA preferred.
- Ten plus years of experience in food related manufacturing with direct experience in operations, quality assurance, supply chain management, contract negotiations, finance, and manufacturing procedures. Multiyear plant experience in a direct production leadership role and at least one other functional role preferred.
- Demonstrated results in Contract Manufacturing managing complex relationships is preferred
- Demonstrated skill in leveraging key Business Acumen competencies including, information savvy, end to end Supply Chain, impact player, continuous improvement and prioritization, initiative and problem Solving
- Demonstrated ability to leverage clear, concise communication, analytical and management skills to lead a matrix environment.
- Superior problem solving skills
- Demonstrated skill in leveraging Focused Improvement, Understanding Loss, and Review and Response competencies including, Loss Identification, ZBA, loss prioritization and Glide-pathing
- Demonstrated expertise and experience leveraging department specific processes including should cost modeling, selection, start-up / CQV, MOPD, and maintenance.
- Project Management expertise and results.
- Innovation experience.
- Strong influencing skills and conflict resolution.
- Knowledge and ability to leverage SAP to improve reporting and results.
- Strong organizational, time management and follow up skills.
- Strong teambuilding and coaching skills.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.