Director Customer Supply Chain
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
The Director – Customer Supply Chain will serve in a leadership role at the local level supporting the selling team while delivering value to both Conagra and multiple key customers (including Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club and potentially others). This individual will provide thought leadership and execution of key projects & programs that advance initiatives & develop capabilities supporting both growth and productivity improvements. This individual is the supply chain ‘voice of customer’ and will leverage supply chain expertise for a competitive advantage by improving internal & external supply chain processes. This individual will clarify supply chain priorities, articulate requirements and utilize SMEs to support the development of business solutions that meet customer requirements. This role serves as the conduit between Conagra’ s sales and supply chain functions for strategic growth and productivity initiatives.
- Will support both Conagra and customer strategic initiatives while enabling the Joint Business Planning business cycle, including customer inventory targets, promotional flow and top-line growth.
- Will influence internal & external resources; interface with leadership positions for continuous improvement and work to reduce customer’s cost-to-serve and benchmark vs. competition.
- Will own customer metrics and initiate solutions that improve performance and closes business performance gaps, incluiding managing customer fine programs (OTIF, etc.)
- Will be responsible for successful business transitions impacting the customer (acquisitions, divestitures, systems, policies, processes, etc.)
- Will directly lead a small team of customer supply professionals that deliver required business results; while enabling continued business process improvement.
- Indirectly, will influence several large cross-functional groups on a project by project basis.
- Will provide thought leadership and continually evaluate business & trading partner landscape - identifying opportunities and required capabilities for continuous improvement and Go-To-Market definition.
- B.S. degree at minimum, in Supply Chain-related field.
- Requires 10 years in direct Supply Chain or complimentary functional experience. Working knowledge of the CPG industry and it’s key trading relationships is preferred.
- Knowledge of Walmart’s supply chain; strategies, initiatives and ability to articulate strategy and deliver.
- Understanding of the direct & indirect interactions between supply chain and all other business units.
- Understanding of supply chain programs, policies and processes impacting trading partner relationship.
- Experienced knowledge in demand driven supply chain practices, processes and systems.
- Results driven; shelf-back approach; ability to operate autonomously.
- Understanding of P&L levers and supply chain ability to impact / influence performance.
- Ability to lead through deliberate and thoughtful engagement.
- Effective communication both spoken & written.
- Develop a business case for change; supported through strong analytic & problem solving skills.
- Travel required, will vary based on the customer assignments of this role, but could vary between 10% -40%.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.