Director Engineering - Electrical and Controls
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Provides electrical power, controls and networking engineering leadership and support for the successful development and execution of capital projects. Effectively manage the electrical and controls engineering function to deliver electrical and controls systems, technical solutions and technical leadership/direction/support to Project Managers and Platform Directors. Ensure the Electrical and Controls Engineering team delivers the electrical and controls portion of capital projects to include the project scope, cost and schedule from concept through Qualification. Develops and directs electrical controls strategies in support of overall business goals. Partners with key stakeholders in Supply Chain and IT to deliver goals and strategies. Develops and implements medium to long-term controls, network architecture, and plant floor strategies to drive efficiency, plant floor productivity, and innovation. Provides technical leadership, direction and advice to IT, R&I, Supply Chain Quality, Marketing, and other key leadership.
- Provides power and electrical controls systems and strategies to deliver efficiencies, innovation, and asset life cycle management.
- Provides electrical controls engineering leadership and support for the successful development and execution of the capital projects.
- Lead the development, shared access, Management Of Change/updating and Engineering Team Continuous Skills Development for controls specifications
- Link controls specifications to equipment & installation design, RFP and purchase
- Builds subject matter expertise and technical capability in others
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies
- This individual will drive technical solutions and provide leadership / direction to electrical controls engineers responsible for development and execution of project scope, cost and schedule (from concept to initial production).
- Directs electrical controls engineers who are responsible for specifying, designing and delivering $50MM to $80MM in capital electrical controls solutions in support of business platform strategies
- Effective interaction with all levels of management within the Engineering, Supply Chain, R&D, and the business to establish strategic direction and priorities.
- Frequent interaction with top management of key controls and integrator vendors, engineering consultants, and installation contractors.
- Knowledge and understanding of the primary codes and safety requirements applicable to controls safety systems, robotics, and power distribution equipment and systems
- This position is located in Omaha, NE/Chicago, IL or select field locations and involves communication and coordination across the organization.
- Travel to, and working in, manufacturing facilities in North America including travel to vendor facilities, construction sites, system start-ups, etc.
- BS or MS degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical preferred).
- Minimum 10 years practical experience in Food Manufacturing, Packaging Technologies and Engineering Leadership from either Food & Beverage, or other CPG, FDA, USDA related manufacturing companies will be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to provide both tactical and strategic leadership.
- Engineering experience at Food CPG companies as well as experience in managing either operations or technical teams and budgets at a manufacturing facility is highly desired.
- Experience leading, directing and managing technical disciplines and budgets in a multi-site manufacturing organization is essential.
- Experience developing and managing capital and development programs.
- Proven leadership capability, excellent communication and management skills are required.
- Candidate must be able to travel up to 50%.
- PE license preferred
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.