Director, Manufacturing Finance Plant Operations
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
This position will be responsible for providing manufacturing finance leadership for certain plants. The position will include financial responsibility for manufacturing plants/locations. The position will work directly with other Supply Chain Finance functions (procurement finance, transportation & warehousing finance, FP&A, etc.). Day to day responsibilities will be tied to direct work with a Supply Chain operations leader.
- Will be an active co-pilot with the related business leaders, supply chain operations leader and the applicable finance leaders
- Will be the primary contact for communicating key financial information and business drivers to business and their applicable finance teams
- Will utilize the supply chain finance teams to provide a comprehensive understanding of supply chain business drivers for the business
- Will lead the development of the monthly/quarterly forecasts providing specific, actionable and forward-looking commentary on the various changes as well as guidance on potential R&O items
- Will be an active participant and will lead the supply chain financial discussions at the monthly business reviews
- Will lead the development of the annual business/strategic plan for the applicable supply chain finance areas
- Will ensure forecast accuracy through being an active partner/coach in monthly consensus meeting on volume. Must constructively challenge and question various business decisions influencing the final recommendation
- Will support CPS (ConAgra Performance System-continuous improvement) teams
- Will instill strong cost control and planning discipline to assist operations in controlling manufacturing costs
- Will work with operations and engineering to assist teams with capital planning, including calculating and evaluating financial payback on all capital expenditure proposals
- Will ensure the accuracy and integrity of the plants’ and platform’s accounting systems and records, as well as strict compliance to all company policies, procedures and controls
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- MBA a plus
- 10 years financial leadership
- Strong communication skills a must have
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities a must have
- SAP experience preferred
- Supply Chain or Supply Chain Finance experience required
- Previous plant level financial experience a plus
- Deep understanding of SAP and Supply Chain processes and systems preferred
- Strong project management and influence management experience/skills preferred
- Broad end-to-end Supply Chain understanding preferred
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, change and a dynamic business environment
- History of positive attitude, desire to learn and progressive personal development
- Strength of character; must be tough-minded and able to deal with change, and unafraid to positively challenge status quo
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Experience effectively working across multiple departments to complete a project or resolve an organizational challenge
- Experience accurately forecasting in a given area and understanding the key drivers of that area
- Critical thinking abilities to leverage analytics, benchmarking, and insights to generate meaningful financial strategies and solutions
- Experience with P&L management
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple stage projects to their completion
- Demonstrated ability to develop teams into higher performance teams preferred
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.