EHS Specialist - Services
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
- Support Platform EH&S Directors through process implementation, training and effective communication
- Ensure best practices are successfully communicated to all facilities and develop a vehicle to manage and maintain a library of those practices so they can be easily identified
- Manages core project team resources and coordinates EH&S project planning and execution to insure timely implementation and process maintenance across the Enterprise
- Promotes an incident-free work environment by developing plans and deliver programs to assist managers and employees in workplace safety and environmental practices
- Leads and coordinates EH&S assessments at all facilities to detect existing or potential incident hazards and determine corrective / preventative measures
- Analyzes and interprets EH&S and Sustainability data and offer insights and suggestions for performance improvements:
- Understanding of Greenhouse Gas Accounting
- Update systems as new EH&S standards/eGrid factors come online
- Assist / lead third party data verification of Sustainability and Incident Data
- Investigate effective reporting for facilities – EH&S and sustainability data
- Serve as EH&S leader for corporate and sales office locations – Omaha, Chicago, Bentonville and other sales facilities
- Interface with key internal and external stakeholders and subject matter experts in the design, development and implementation of standard safety, environmental and sustainable development programs and processes utilizing Conagra’s Enterprise-wide training application
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year university in Industrial Hygiene, Safety Management, Environmental Health or Environmental Health and Safety preferred
- Willingness to travel to facilities and third-party vendors: 30-45% of time
- Minimum of three to five years of industrial EH&S experience
- Strong PC skills (Microsoft Office applications)
- Understanding of manufacturing EH&S operations
- Strong attention to detail and visual orientation
- Must demonstrate effective communication, presentation, interpersonal, leadership, and analytical skills
- Experience building and leading teams
- Understanding of OSHA and / or EPA regulations
- Ability to interpret State and Federal regulations and applicability to facilities to ensure compliance
- Experience performing risk assessments, audits and root cause analysis
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Capable of adapting quickly to changing conditions
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.