Environmental Compliance and Sustainability Manager-Oakdale, CA
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Manages all aspects of Environmental compliance and sustainability for the Oakdale, CA facility under the direction of the Plant Manager and Corporate Environment, Health and Safety department. Provides hands on support, training and leadership to plant team members to ensure operations are in compliance with all Federal, State and local regulations including permits and corporate policies. Works closely with other plant functions to address issues on all projects to ensure that impacts on the environment are minimized and sustainability initiatives are implemented.
- Responsible for identifying applicable environmental regulations and risks in CA while interacting with Operations, Planning, Legal, Engineering and EHS Corporate to implement systems to ensure compliance and conformance to applicable regulations, EHS Policies and the environmental management system.
- Responsible for ensuring all environmental programs, procedures, training, work practices and controls are effectively implemented.
- Lead and manage sustainable development projects, including developing annual plans to deliver GHG and water usage reductions and waste minimization activities.
- Implement Conagra Brands “Environmental Management System” including periodic self-assessment.
- Develop, implement and document training to ensure all plant team members receive required and appropriate training.
- Identify, develop and manage capital projects associated with Environmental compliance and sustainability.
- Serve as liaison/company representative with community and local and state agencies.
- Effectively communicate with all levels of the plant and corporate organization
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Environmental Science or related field.
- 5 to 10 years related experience.
- Excellent proficiency in both written and verbal communication.
- Experience working in a manufacturing plant (food manufacturing preferred)
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience in developing and delivering training to adult learners.
- Competency in using Microsoft office and other computer software.
- Experience with agricultural land application of wastewater and solids preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.