Facility Utility Technician
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
This position is responsible for all facility and utility needs in the plant. The Facility/Utility Technician will assist in the repair of infrastructure and work with a variety of systems including, but not limited to: air compressors, HVAC, plumbing, ammonia/refrigeration, boiler systems, waste treatment and general electrical systems. The work schedule for this position is assigned to a Crew schedule.
- Performs component and machine rebuilds.
- Completes work on special projects through the plant.
- Accurately checks parts in and out of the stockroom using SAP to ensure stockroom inventory accountability.
- Immediately reacts to area safety problems
- Participates in shift handoffs.
- Accurately details daily activities in log book.
- Provides back up system coverage for the boiler and ammonia systems.
- Fabricates and machines spare parts.
- Maintains and troubleshoots the following systems: compressed air, dust collection, HVAC, plumbing, ammonia/refrigeration, boiler systems, waste treatment and general electric.
- Completes exterior maintenance activities.
- Partners with external suppliers and vendors to manage repairs, installations, etc. as needed.
- Provides back-up for other Facility/Utility Technician positions. This position is also backed up in the event of an absence by other Facility/Utility Technicians.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree in mechanical technology or similar field.
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in boiler, ammonia, compressed air, HVAC and dust collections systems.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s)
- Self-motivated. Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills.
- Working knowledge of pneumatics, motors/drives/gearboxes/power transmission systems.
- Understand technical vendor manuals and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Knowledge of instrumentation (temperature, pressure, etc.)
- Ability to read and understand Process Instrumentation Drawings (P&ID’s)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- PC based computer literacy
- SAP experience preferred
Work Environment Requirements:
- Position works in a manufacturing environment with varying conditions.
- Business needs may require support outside of normal work hours.
- Ability to move within office and manufacturing facilities, write by hand and keyboard, and perform general office functions.
- Ability to communicate by speech and hearing via phone and in person.
- Visual acuity needed for close detail work and computer use.
- General manufacturing, warehouse and office environment.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.