Financial Analyst Accounting
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Positions available in Financial Accounting, Inventory Accounting, and/or Distribution Accounting. Performs analyses and reporting for assigned financial area under limited supervision. Assists in other financial research projects and analysis of business operations. Utilizes sound knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), creating/uploading journal entries, distributing routine financial reports, maintaining/updating monthly accounting schedules. Minimum 1 year related experience. Candidates will be considered for Associates Financial Analysts, or Financial Analysts roles based on experience.
- Provide support for internal and external financial statement in compliance with GAAP and/or other regulatory requirements
- Participate in period-end close activities to ensure timely completion of assigned tasks, including identification and resolution of unusual items and issues in a timely and accurate manner
- Create and maintain monthly accounting schedules as support for the balance sheet account reconciliations and financial audits, including timely resolution of reconciliation items
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations
- Perform general accounting activities in the SAP general ledger, which includes preparing and uploading journal entries, and use of the Comprehensive Accounting Excellence (CAE) tool
- Distribute routinely generated and create ad hoc financial accounting reports
- Participate actively, and sometimes lead, special projects involving general accounting, such as mergers/acquisitions, policy updates, creation of new processes, business partner requests and system conversions
- Provide guidance and communicate with remote team members in a 3rd party outsourcing relationship.
- Effectively communicate information impacting both internal and external customers
- Exercise judgment in financial, operations, or transactional analysis to identify and help resolve issues
- Assist with evaluating effectiveness of processes, procedures, and control environment and develop improvements as needed
- Document processes (e.g. desk procedures) and recommend process improvements
- Alert management of situations that may materially affect the company’s overall financial condition
- Perform accounting related tasks for assigned area (examples include inventory, transportation, payroll)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA, CMA certification and/or advanced degree a plus
- 1+ years of professional experience in public accounting, corporate accounting, etc.
- Ability to research and reconcile multiple accounts with minimal supervision
- Proficient PC and MS skills
- Experience with SAP preferred
- Experience with database a plus
- Demonstrated analytical, time management, interpersonal, change management and communication skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, change and a dynamic business environment
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.