Manager Contract Manufacturing
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Responsible for quality, customer service, inventory, finished goods production, material planning, cost control, cost reduction and vendor relations at the Contract Manufacturing facilities. Provides effective project management for key business growth and productivity improvement initiatives at Contract Manufacturers. Develop and maintain business relationships with Contract Manufacturers responsible for manufacturing the company’s products. Lead teams to oversee all aspects of operational performance that meets the quality, food safety standards, regulatory policies, customer service and cost requirements of the organization. Act as a liaison and point of contact between Contract Manufacturers and the functional departments within the Operating Groups. Ensure effective use of resources and communication of priorities by coordinating efforts between Marketing, R&D, Manufacturing and Product Supply departments.
- Manage Projects through execution to ensure specifications are established prior to production and all parameters are achieved during the qualification, verification and commercialization steps. Ensure adequate technical representation (Quality, R & D and Procurement) is present during project phases.
- Project driver on key manufacturing projects, e.g., new product introduction, rationalization of facilities.
- Establish and report KPI's for co-manufacturers on quality, food safety, customer service and financial reporting. Develop and execute strategies to improve performance. Conduct regular Operational Improvement reviews with Contract Manufacturers to improve production efficiency and reduce production cost.
- Analyze manufacturing best practices within facilities and look to implement these practices into the key strategic Contract Manufacturers.
- Serve as the primary function for obtaining Operational savings at Contract Manufacturer facilities and ensure that savings are tracking according to expectations through validation to implementation.
- Provide focus and coordination to resolving and communicating immediate business issues (i.e., recalls, product going on hold, or other significant unusual occurrences). Manages inventory discrepancies and claims for excess losses or supplier issues between Contract Manufacturer and Corporate functions to control costs and ensure quick resolution of outstanding issues.
- Benchmark key competitive set and food industry for new technology and productivity strategies.
- Accountable for engaging business partners and establishing a communication flow across all functional groups in the management of the capital strategy for both short and long term goals.
- Liaison with the Operations function for internal manufacturing to align with Company manufacturing strategy to maximize leverage between Contract Manufacturing, Marketing, R&D, Quality, Manufacturing, Procurement and Logistic departments.
- Work with the Procurement function to help develop manufacturing and capacity strategies that are consistent with the current and future marketing strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Significant and diverse management experience (7+ years of plant operations, engineering, supply chain, distribution, and/or procurement experience preferred).
- A team player; able to use strong communication, analytical and management skills to lead a diverse group forward.
- Strength in the following skill sets: Verbal, written, analytical, and problem-solving.
- Organization and planning.
- Project management.
- Group management.
- Negotiation and Contract Manufacturing development.
- Continuous Improvement skills
- Must be results-focused.
- Flexible and customer/client service oriented.
- Superior problem solving skills and the ability to think “outside the box”.
- Desire to approach work as a continuous learning opportunity.
- Travel required; can be significant at times.
- Overall operations/marketplace knowledge with experience in the relevant category.
- Superior project management capabilities.
- Computer skills – Excel, Word, Power point, and Access.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.