Manager Engineering – Transportation and Warehouse Design and Construction
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Position Responsibilities (4000 character limit):
Subject Matter Expert Warehouse Analytics and Design
- Perform detailed analysis of inventory turn, receipt, and shipment data
- Make recommendations on new warehouse design and layout, existing facility layout, and material flow
- Evaluate different alternatives based on lowest operating cost
- Strong understanding of warehouse operating budgets and cost drivers
- Develop financial justification for optimization or capital projects
- Understand latest technology in building infrastructure and equipment
- Develop warehouse specifications to support state-of-the-art warehousing concepts and procedures
- Develop relationships to drive accountability and value with strategic suppliers
- Develop standards and specifications for warehouse equipment
- Develop relationship and work in conjunction with Transportation and Warehouse Operations Team, Platform Manufacturing teams, Program Management Group, and Finance teams.
- Manage warehouse construction and layout projects of various sizes
Manage T&W Engineering activates for Warehouse Function in our Grocery/Snacks Platform
- Identify and develop capital and non-capital cost reduction projects
- Work in collaboration with group leadership and Cost Engineering Team to develop capital plans and manage the capital spend on assigned projects
- Manage capital equipment installation projects to agreed upon budget, timeline and performance metrics
- Serve as T&W Engineering contact and serve as T&W team member on small and large manufacturing projects
- Understand business drivers and be able understand impact assigned projects on corporate strategies
- Thorough understanding of SAP Project Systems
Currently no direct reports; however, this role must also command the skills necessary to engage external engineering vendors, 3PL and ConAgra Distribution Managers to address site related activities that impact the projects they are managing.
Qualifications/ Education/Experience/Skills (4000 character limit):
Minimum Education/Experience Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Industrial Engineering or related Engineering area
- Minimum 7 years previous IE, logistics/distribution engineering, or construction management experience
- Extensive experience in warehouse design, layout, and construction
- Extensive experience with data analysis in the distribution space
- Data Modeling experience is a plus
- Proven history of successful program development and delivery
- Working knowledge of Material Handling Automation (Examples would be AGV’s, AS/RS, conveyor systems, etc.)
- Must possess influencing skills necessary to drive results in cross-functional and third party reporting relationships and processes
- Must possess presentation skills and ability to communicate findings to senior level management.
- Solid financial acumen with the ability to develop project cost justifications
Language and Technical Skills Requirements:
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to be effective in a matrix organization
- Ability to drive programs and influence without direct reporting relationships
- Ability to build durable relationships internally and externally to the organization, and hold individuals and vendors accountable
- Experience in inventory management, warehouse operations or other supply chain related function that interfaces engineering with distribution operations.
- Experience in Project Management of projects up to $5MM
- MS Office Applications / MS Project
- Visio or other Flow Charting Experience
- Solid knowledge of distribution operations and overall supply chain management.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed in an office environment with normal noise levels. Involves prolonged sitting, and computer usage. Requires frequent walking throughout a warehouse environment.
- Travel of up to 50% is required to our plant and DC Locations
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.