Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Supports the Director of Innovation in leveraging demand science and business strategy to identify new areas for innovation. Identifies and develops innovative opportunity platforms that build the strategic framework for creative new products. Leads white space identification, concept/proposition development, business strategy while engaging business partners and cross-functional teams.
- Lead development of new initiatives including: identification of unmet consumer needs, trends, new product platforms, and commercial strategy.
- Connect dots: develop competitively advantaged new product platforms that generate growth by: translating demand science to solutions, analyzing and interpreting category and competitive activity and articulating implications and leveraging technology and manufacturing capabilities
- Effectively engage and build relationships across the matrix organization and senior leaders as well as with external partners
- Inspire, lead and influence cross functional teams, internal stakeholders and customers for distributive new product initiatives
- Find new ways of doing things better everyday and be an entrepreneurial innovation ambassador to the organization capable of integrating activities across key functional partners
- Evaluate progress against plan and recommend corrective action as needed
- Communicate and align strategy with key internal and external stakeholders
- BS in Marketing, Business, Innovation or related field required, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of Marketing and/or Innovation experience required
- Consumer Packaged Goods experience strongly preferred
- Intellectually curious, creative, open and change catalysts
- Genuine passion for the value and contribution made through innovation and a desire to share that passion with others
- Proven success with innovation and commercialization processes
- Ability to build strong business relationships to achieve sustainable partnerships and collaboration internally and externally.
- Ability to work independently and lead cross-functional project teams.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to effectively influence the achievement of business objectives in a matrix organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.