Manager Plant HR and Safety - Humboldt, TN
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Manages human resources, employee relations and labor relations and safety at a single plant location. Responsible for several areas of human resources such as recruiting, labor relations, training, EEO/AAP, benefits, employee relations, compensation and continuous improvement. Assists management in planning, development, implementation and evaluation of talent and HR activities. Involves effective administration of existing programs in accordance with policies and procedures including EEO compliance.
The HR Manager also administers safety programs and training, working with outside vendors, internal employees and management to implement the safety key concepts providing the road map to zero injuries at the plant and acting as a safety ambassador for fellow employees.
- Provides direction and counsel regarding human resources aspects of plant operations
- Manages employee relations through issue resolution phase
- Leads talent management, succession planning, organizational development and organizational effectiveness initiatives
- Handles all phases of the staffing process including requisition, recruitment, interview and selection.
- Leads in the development, implementation and auditing of policies and procedures
- Analyzes training and development needs
- Manages regulatory compliance efforts
- Leads culture in assessment processes and provides direction on development and implementation of action plans
- Leads year-end processes including performance management and salary planning
- Performs other HR related duties as required and assigned
- Manages all aspects of health and safety programs
- Promotes an accident-free work environment by developing programs that routinely train, monitor and assure a safe workplace
- Plans and delivers programs to train managers and employees in workplace safety practices
- Assists in accident investigations and prepares accident reports required by regulatory agencies
- Conducts inspections and audits in plant and at other facilities to detect existing or potential accident hazards and determine corrective or preventative measures
- Facilities the Central Safety Committee process by active participation in the subcommittee process and acting as a resource for each group
- Administers initial Workers Compensation functions
- Guides and directs plant towards compliance of State, Federal and local Safety regulations
- Determines and directs necessary compliance training for all individuals to assure OHSA, TOSHA and company training requirements
- Minimum five years of professional experience in Human Resources and Safety in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Safety or related degree required
- Demonstrated experience with ERISA, EEOC and DOL regulations, employment sourcing, communications, human relations and management skills
- Thorough understanding of OSHA regulations
- Ability to interpret State and Federal regulations and applicability to facility to ensure compliance
- Ability to write regulatory reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Experience performing risk assessments and audits
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Demonstrated experience managing projects
- Ability to utilize influence management skills to accomplish goals
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience with PeopleSoft, Workday or other HRIS, preferred
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong relationships and partnerships with internal customers, peers and effectively manage those relationships
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.