Nurse - Occupational Health RN - Full-time 2nd Shift
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.Job Description
The Registered Nurse shall comply with Occupational Health Services policies and procedures and provide occupational health services including: injury and illness prevention, health promotion, and health maintenance within scope of practice/licensure. Observes and maintains records on patient care, condition, reactions and progress. Assist with the development and implementation of preventive health care programs within the plant. Provide support to all safety programs at the plant, including participating in Safety Committees.
- Maintain and adhere to the Occupational Health Services Policy and Medical Evaluation Guidelines
- Participate in the Nursing Process
- Perform occupational health services in the provision of supportive or restorative care under the supervision of physician standing orders
- Assist in planning, implementing and evaluating health maintenance and health education programs; contribute to the design of health controls and surveillance relative to the work environment and essential functions of employee’s jobs
- Provide emergency care/stabilization for injured/ill team members, within the guidelines of written physician standing orders and secure appropriate transportation as required
- Provide first aid treatment for injuries and illnesses
- Provide nursing care for occupational and non-occupational conditions based upon the Medical Evaluation Guidelines
- Make referrals to outside health care agencies as needed for non-work related injuries/illnesses and make referrals as identified in the Medical Evaluation Guidelines as needed
- Administer over-the-counter and prescription medications as ordered according to Standing Medication Orders and as ordered by a licensed physician or their designee (PA/NP).
- Schedule and/or perform assessments and testing according to company policy, including but not limited to, health assessments for post-hire, injury/illness, respirator/HazMat surveillance, drug and alcohol testing, audiometric testing and other site specific testing requirements
- Collaborate with other health, safety, production and human resources team members in a comprehensive approach to team member health
- Communicate information regarding work-related injuries and illnesses to the Medical Case Manager and Third Party Administrator (TPA) as necessary
- Actively participate in workers’ compensation case management; assisting with coordination of health services, rehabilitation, return-to-work and documentation of cases.
- Conduct plant walk-throughs to ensure team-member and team-leader compliance with prescribed modified/restricted duty job requirements
- Maintain occupational health services records and reporting systems according to OSHA, State, company, and legal requirements. Records maintained include but are not limited to: post-hire assessments, team member health records, OSHA records, audiometric testing, and individual health surveillance records
- Maintain confidentiality of team member health records according to company policy
- Assist with team member health & wellness promotion, education and training programs
- Participate in continued professional development and research activities for the improvement of occupational health services
- Maintain legal requirements for practice in accordance with State Nurse Practice Act and submit license renewal to RN Supervisor as necessary
- Assume self-responsibility and accountability for professional growth and development
- Participate in/complete continuing education to update knowledge of occupational health and safety including legal regulations applicable to occupational health and safety and the delivery of related services as well as to maintain occupational health certification and nursing license
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Safety Manager in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Position requires completion of an accredited Bachelor's of Science in Nursing program, Associates Nursing Degree program or Nursing Diploma program with coursework in occupational and/or environmental safety.
- Certification (or eligibility to become certified) in Occupational Health Nursing (COHN, COHN-S) is preferred.
- Must be a Registered Professional Nurse (RN) with a valid and unrestricted nursing license in state of employment desired or Compact State if applicable
- Experience in the performance of nursing skills relative to Occupational Health Nursing preferred
- Current CPR/First Aid certification
- Current CPR/First Aid instructor certification preferred
- Communication, problem-solving and organizational skills desired
- Basic computer skills required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, and feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; taste and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee will be exposed to a noisy environment that varies from hot to cold in temperature. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.