Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Position Summary: Provide leadership of designated platform(s) in the frozen consumer packaging group. Manage the technical team in development and commercialization of new, improved, and cost-reduced packaging for products within designated platform(s). Drive packaging innovation platforms for these businesses and provide packaging leadership for cross functional project teams.
- Champions ideas for technology improvements, cost savings, innovations that align with strategic fit of projects
- Manage technical team and cross-functional initiatives as part of business team leadership
- Set tactical and strategic objectives to drive business results
- Communication of strategies, priorities, and direction to staff
- Excel at handling complex tasks and projects simultaneously
- Collaborates with internal and external partners and resources
- Exhibit a high level of professionalism and positively contributes to the image of ConAgra Foods in technical community
- Maintain excellent understanding and application of experimental design, performance specs, and CQV design.
- Maintain high awareness of technical trends and developments in the packaging industry
- Mentor packaging engineers
- Lead development of technical work plans and execute projects integrated with business teams. Lead technical as well as cross-functional project teams including negotiating for financial and human resources
- Bachelors in Packaging, Engineering, or related field with 10 years relevant work experience in packaging industry, CPG preferred
- Masters / PhD in Packaging or related field with 7 years relevant work experience in packaging industry, CPG preferred
- Experience with government regulatory requirements in the processing of food
- Excellent understanding of packaging materials capabilities and equipment
- Advanced knowledge of test methodology
- Thorough understanding of food science and how food is affected in packaging.
- Thorough understanding of food safety, sanitary design, and equipment cleaning.
- Thorough understanding of physical and structure package testing procedures.
- Able to analyze all aspects of new package systems.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate and maintain cross-functional partnerships
- Good negotiating skills when working through conflict resolution.
- Ability to pursue exclusivity patents.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time
- Previous people management experience
- Exposure to manufacturing environments for periodic extended work days to include: loud noise, excessive heat, cold, wet, and slippery conditions.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time
- Ability to lift 25 to 50 lbs
- Ability to stand for sit or stand for extended periods of time
This position description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.