Plant LPN - Part Time
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
- Maintain and Adhere to the Occupational Health Services Policy and Procedure Manuals and Clinical Condition Guidelines
- Participate in the Nursing process by assisting the safety team
- Perform occupational health services in the provision of supportive or restorative care under the supervision of a physician
- Provide emergency care/stabilization for injured/ill team members and secure appropriate transportation as required
- Provide First aid treatment for injuries and illnesses
- Provide nursing care for occupational and non-occupational conditions based upon clinical condition guidelines
- Make referrals to outside health agencies as needed for non-work-related injuries/illnesses and make referrals as identified in the clinical condition guidelines as needed
- Administer over the counter and prescription medications as ordered according to Standing Medication Orders as ordered by physician
- Schedule and/or perform assessments and testing according to company policy, including but not limited to, health assessments for post-hire injury/illness, respirator/Haz Mat surveillance, drug and alcohol testing, and audiometric testing.
- Collaborate with other health, safety, production, and human resources members in a comprehensive approach to team member health
- Communicate information regarding work-related injuries and illnesses to Physician/Medical Case Manager and Third-Party Administrator as necessary
- Coordinate with physicians/health care providers to aid in return to work process
- Communicate with employees throughout the claims process and work with Third Party Administrator to manage employee appointments, follow-ups, referrals and communication
- Assist with maintenance and documentation of workers compensation cases
- Conduct weekly plant walk-throughs to ensure team member and team leader compliance with prescribed modified/restricted duty job requirements
- Maintain confidentiality of team member health records according to company policy
- Assist with team member health promotion, education, and training programs
- Participate in continued professional development and research activities for the improvement of occupational health services
- Maintain legal requirements for practice in accordance with State Nurse Practice Act.
- Maintain current CPR license/update biennially.
- Other projects/duties as assigned.
- Degree or related field certification to support LPN licensure.
- Unrestricted LPN License to Practice.
- Two years’ experience in a manufacturing or occupational health environment, preferred.
- CPR certification required.
- CPR instructor certification, preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, professional level communication including verbal and written communication to individuals, small groups, and large plant groups.
- Demonstrated ability to foster a culture of change while being an advocate for the health and safety of plant teammates.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers to touch or feel, reach with hands/arms, and talk and hear.
- Frequently will stand, walk, bend, or stoop.
- Occasionally will climb stairs or ladders.
- Regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds. Occasionally lift/move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.