Pricing Strategy Analyst
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
The Pricing Strategy team is part of the revenue management group and is responsible for enhancing Conagra’s gross margin through pricing and promotional trade spending recommendations. The Pricing Strategy team works closely with our brand, sales planning, and trade performance teams daily.
The Pricing Strategy Analyst will serve as a pivotal resource for pricing decisions across a wide spectrum of brands. The Pricing Strategy Analyst is expected to develop an in-depth understanding of the data and tools available for managing pricing and promotional strategies while also supporting their team in accomplishing assigned tasks.
- Provide disciplined analytics support through data mining, data modeling, data analysis, and cost/benefit analysis to optimize pricing and promotions across customers and retail channels.
- Partner with assigned brands to analyze market trends, product volumes, profit margins, competitor and retailer dynamics, promotional tactics, and long-term brand strategies.
- Provide recommendations on the creation and executions of brand-specific pricing and promotional trade strategies.
- Create and monitor KPIs to track the performance of in-market pricing actions.
- Utilize available tools and data sets to make clear and concise fact-driven recommendations.
- Proactively look for opportunities to optimize base and promotional pricing across our portfolio.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and work on special projects as necessary in support of Conagra Revenue Management initiatives and the needs of the Pricing Strategy team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, or Engineering.
- 1+ years of professional experience; at least 1 year experience in revenue management, pricing, category management, customer or sales strategy, or sales or trade finance role preferred.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Demonstrated strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to translate large amounts of data into actionable insights and coherent strategies.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Experience with IRI and/or Nielsen data and applications a plus.
- Demonstrated self-starter with communication, collaboration, and leadership skills.
- Must be comfortable working in cross-functional role and navigating many stakeholders.
- Experience with advanced statistical tools such as R and/or Tableau a plus but not required.
- Experience interfacing with databases and writing queries to pull data a plus but not required.
- Proven success dealing with time-sensitive ambiguous issues in a dynamic business environment.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.