Principal Process Engineer - Snacks
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
This position is responsible for leading the process development of major initiatives (such as network optimization or M&A initiatives) and commercialization of new technology applications. The individual will also act as the technical lead for one of the major business platforms (Snacks), will be the R&D Processing core team member on the R&D "Margin by Design" team, and will also be instrumental in developing the 3-yr processing technology pipeline.
- Build & maintain an understanding of the process technology needs & capabilities across the company, especially in designated platform.
- Partner internally and externally (Universities, suppliers, competitive scouting) to identify and champion technologies that can be adapted for our needs.
- Act as the lead process development resource for major business initiatives that may span multiple or new business opportunities.
- Champions the appropriate use of MOPD/VSU tools across work.
- Serve as a technical mentor for junior engineers in the group.
- May have responsibility for direct management of technicians, interns, or other junior engineers as appropriate.
- Ensure all processing specifications developed by engineers in designated platform are accurate, complete, and effective in ensuring the factory makes quality product at target costs.
- BS in Chemical, Food, Biochemical, or Mechanical Engineering required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience with proven leadership in food process technology or related areas of work.
- Extensive knowledge of food science & food processing.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Demonstrated documentation discipline.
- Proven troubleshooting skills with demonstrated ability to execute root cause analysis and follow through with corrective actions.
- Thorough understanding of food safety, sanitary design, & equipment cleaning.
- Solid understanding of sensory testing methodologies and translating consumer insights into technical solutions.
- Understanding of food/package interaction.
- Knowledge of product development process.
- Basic financial understanding, to enable profitability optimization and project budgeting skills
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills along with the self-confidence to drive the technical organization to new levels of accomplishment and performance.
- Creative and result oriented personality.
- Self-starter, but also a team player with proven problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of capital engineering practices a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time. Must be able to travel independently and as a responsible company representative.
Physical Requirements (optional)
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally; lift up to 25 lbs. regularly.
- Work extensively in pilot plant and or production plant floor environment.
- Exposure to manufacturing environments for periodic extended work days to include: loud noise, heat, cold, wet, and slippery conditions.
- Walking and/or standing for long periods of time.
- Climbing to various heights via stairs or ladders.
- Bending and/or crawling; must be able to move safely and freely around machinery.
- Driving a company or rental vehicle as needed.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.