Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
A Process Engineer will support and lead multiple projects. This position will work with some supervision in order to develop practical and critical skills necessary to transition projects from bench to Supply Chain. The position is designed to expand commercialization strength and to develop long term career employees for the company. Actual work will be focused on developing the requirements for critical transformations, developing performance based specifications, and providing the widest possible solution space. The work must be focused on consumer benefits designed for profitability, operability, efficiency, and vertical start up.
- Learn and apply the Methodology of Product/Process/Package Development (MOPD).
- Develop and define manufacturing processes that accommodate specific consumer and marketplace requirements for new products, while meeting process, quality, and cost objectives.
- Define the physical, chemical, and biological transformations that must occur to produce new food products.
- Meet or exceed project objectives under the direction of a supervisor.
- Execute bench-top and pilot plant testing to develop prototypes and prove hypotheses.
- Review and analyze results of experiments and trials in order to provide process recommendations.
- Prepare results for review and present findings.
- Provide technical support in manufacturing facilities as required.
- Maintain accurate and complete records and distill them to Intellectual Property.
- Monitor consumer trends and wants/needs within the food industry.
- Be flexible in learning and applying new ways of doing your work.
- Assist in providing technical leadership on projects as required.
- BS Chemical, Food, or Biological Engineering required. MS preferred.
- Minimum 3 years related experience required.
- Experience with process technology documentation, including Process Flow Sheets, Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams, Mass and Energy Balances, Process Control Strategies, and Process Specifications.
- Experience with process technology including mixing and blending, flow control, plate heat exchangers, temperature regulation, scraped surface heat exchangers, homogenizers, Ammonia, Nitrogen/CO2 cooling/freezing methods and equipment, Sanitary/ Aseptic package Fillers, and CIP systems preferred.
- Understanding of Design of Experiment methodologies.
- Proficient in Microsoft office programs including Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Adept in using and maintaining a lab notebook.
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and nonverbal) and the ability to present to leadership.
- Familiarity with project management fundamentals.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
- Demonstrated strong leadership (Interpersonal, Team, and Organizational) and decision making skills.
- Structured problem solving skills (preferred Six Sigma and other problem solving models).
- Technical judgment and prioritization skills.
- Skilled in a Deliverables and Success Criteria-based environment.
- Risk Anticipation and mitigation.
- Experience working with external work partners, vendors, and suppliers on sensitive/confidential matters.
- Experience in identifying, documenting, and implementing Intellectual Property.
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time. Must be able to travel independently and as a responsible company representative.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally; lift up to 25 lbs. regularly.
- Work extensively in pilot plant and or production plant floor environment.
- Exposure to manufacturing environments for periodic extended work days to include: loud noise, heat, cold, wet, and slippery conditions.
- Walking and/or standing for long periods of time.
- Climbing to various heights via stairs or ladders.
- Bending and/or crawling; must be able to move safely and freely around machinery.
- Driving a company or rental vehicle as needed.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.