Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
These positions are Enterprise Procurement roles supporting organizational growth across Packaging, M&OP, Commodities or Ingredients. The successful candidates for these roles will be accountable for research and strategy implementation, high-level problem resolution, building relationships both internally and externally, in-depth category analysis, forecasting and reporting, and they must have the ability to champion a cause and collaborate cross-functionally to identify and implement process improvement or strategic opportunities.
- Purchasing and/or negotiating of assigned commodities, ingredients or packaging according to the requirements needed and at the appropriate market driven times.
- Develop and implement category strategies with an understanding of supply and demand, market dynamics, and cost drivers
- Create and maintain relationships with key internal customers and external suppliers.
- Contract and position management support via Excel, SAP, Right Angle and other internal systems.
- Primary contact for all plants on contract management
- Support the plants and procurement category managers to identify and resolve material supply risks.
- Support R&D on innovation projects and work with the plants to manage the inbound supply chain
- Ensure effective implementation of Enterprise Procurement projects within assigned brands/plants.
- Drive data gathering and risk/reward analysis on all purchasing bids and specification change initiatives for assigned categories.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to manage raw material inventories for assigned projects/plants to minimize material loss or obsolescence
- Deliver an accurate monthly material forecast and effectively communicate changes in material costs and market drivers to internal customers.
- Additional duties as required.
- 1+ years’ experience in Purchasing, Supply Chain, Finance or Sales.
- Bachelor level degree required (Finance; Economics, Supply Chain or Agricultural preferred).
- Self-starter with a proven track record of dealing well with rapid changes and executing in a complex, matrixed environment.
- Demonstrate strengths in relationship building, project management, problem solving, and conflict management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior analytical skills and business acumen with a continuous improvement mindset
- Experience using SAP or comparable ERP system.
- Proficient computer skills to include, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel – vlookups, formula relationships, pivot tables, etc.).
- Minimal travel required.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.