Quality Team Leader
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology or a related field or equivalent work experience
- Three or more years of experience in the Quality Field to include performing quality assurance tests; in a production environment, inspecting products, applying math, computer entry and using laboratory equipment with statistical process control; working in a team environment.
- Requires an in-depth working knowledge of food safety and food quality standards, regulations, and laws governing the food production industry such as SQF and environmental safety regulations along with a commitment to continuous improvement; SQF practitioner preferred
- Requires problem solving skills with an emphasis on detail orientation
- Requires basic mathematical skills to be able to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and count
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Competency in English language (read, write, speak); excellent written, oral, and listening skills.
- Knowledge of regulations of major vendors and governmental agencies such as FDA, OSHA, and EPA
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to effectively present information to top management
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct daily work of Quality Technicians in the areas of microbiology, pathogen and analytical testing and sample/inventory control
- Responsible for the ongoing assessment and leadership of activities associated with plant quality control and sanitation programs ensuring that the plant meets quality, cost, delivery, safety and engagement objectives
- Designs, implements, and internally audits all quality control and sanitation protocols to ensure compliance with corporate and regulatory expectations
- Partners with plant and corporate functional entities to provide technical support to plant personnel on issues related to product quality, sanitation and continuous improvement
Manages quality technicians; is responsible for the general direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units; Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Participates in the review of plant policies in a manner demonstrative of a high level of professionalism and orientation to achievement of performance objectives.
- Strives to identify departmental opportunities to reduce cost and increase contribution to the business unit’s bottom line through focused budget control and inventory management. Enable/oversee all Chemical/Physical testing that cannot or is not permitted to be done by Production
- Develop Detailed Process Sheets (DPS) for Analytical functions and testing; Rewrite and modify DPS as functions and test methods change
- Perform Quality Control monitoring of Raw materials, Production, and Packaged Product; Stop lines and/or place product on hold as situation merits
- Review immediate analytical testing on incoming ingredients, then release to production as merited
- Perform ongoing Sensory Evaluation of Finished Product and Packaging
- Collect Microbiological and Raw material samples
- Prepare and Review total Analytical Testing packet prior to release
- Ensure calibration and maintenance of lab instrumentation
- Maintain regulatory compliance for food safety programs (i.e. HACCP, SQF) and appropriate prerequisite programs (i.e. traceability, hold and release, metal detection, foreign object controls, sanitation, and allergen)
- Serve as liaison with local, area, and regulatory personnel
- Coordinate with other plant personnel all audits
- Troubleshoot deviations identified through laboratory and in-process testing
- Identify and document the skills, performance opportunities, learning needs, time and attendance of each maintenance mechanic and teaches routinely
- Manage and supervise all OSHA compliance training for quality technicians
- Communicate routinely with Production Manager and plant leadership, identifying opportunities for improvement, training and quality assurance program goals or barriers
- Exudes a high degree of inter-personal skills and has the ability to work well with everyone
- Follows and enforces standards for food safety and food quality production reflected in SQF as well as the regulations of major vendors and governmental agencies such as OSHA, FDA and EPA and assures associates are consistently trained in these standards and comply with all requirements
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.