Senior Financial Analyst, Brand
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Performs highly complex and interpretive financial analyses for assigned area under minimum supervision. Presents analysis and recommendations to management. Acts as a leader to less experienced staff. Effectively leads small teams and works well with small ad-hoc project teams. May perform business partnering, analytics, AOP & Strat Plan, monthly forecasting, Metrics & Scorecard, and/or Period close. Minimum 5 years related experience.
- Serve as a business partner for specified function on accounting and finance related questions. This will involve the ability to assess business needs, resolve risks and opportunities in a timely manner, and clear communication of issues/business results.
- Participate in the preparation and compilation of the annual operating plan (AOP) and strategic plan for assigned component of the P&L and related balance sheet accounts.
- Update the monthly forecast for assigned function based on business changes. Actively communicate changes to business partners by providing specific, actionable and forward-looking commentary on the various changes as well as guidance on potential risk.
- Participate actively in monthly consensus meeting on items such as volume, trade, and advertising and promotional spending.
- Contribute to month-end/quarter-end close activities to ensure completion of assigned tasks, including identification and resolution of unusual items and issues in a timely manner.
- Provide comprehensive financial analysis and models for various requests depending on the assigned function (product development, customer analysis, competitive analysis, pricing, etc.).
- Responsible for project work that will rotate and cut across several different financial disciplines including, but not limited to FP&A, new product development, manufacturing investments, and in-market investments.
- Lead the development of metrics, scorecards and reporting for assigned function.
- Evaluate and deliver periodic metrics, scorecards and reports
- Provide FP&A support as needed
- Participate and/or lead various finance wide-projects, projects will vary depending on business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- MBA or CPA/CMA certification preferred
- Minimum 5 years of professional general business and financial experience
- Proven ability to self-motivate in a fast paced environment, ability to deal with ambiguity, change and a dynamic business environment.
- Background and experience in P&L management, along with knowledge of financial systems and general accounting concepts.
- Proven ability to develop strong relationships and partnerships with internal customers, peers and effectively manage those relationships.
- Experience effectively working across multiple departments to complete a project or resolve an organizational challenge.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Experience with SAP or other software tools preferred.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills, including leveraging analytics, benchmarking, and insights to generate meaningful strategies and solutions.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.