Sr Data Scientist II
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
- Analyze large volumes of data and create advanced algorithms to generate insights and improve business operations
- Establish himself/herself as a key advisor with Brand Directors and Manager, Sales and Customer Development team members and the Marketing team
- Must be able to translate advanced analytics into top and bottom line business impact.
- Partner with Brand and Shopper Insights to identify and define business issues requiring data science solutions and then scoping the resources needed to address them
- Communicate technical needs to technology partners as well as clearly and concisely presenting findings and recommendations in a non-technical way to business leaders in multiple functions.
- Provide strategic advice to brands and customers derived from a strong analytical rigor and maintain focus on improving the effectiveness of our investments and resources
- Leverage established industry relationships to negotiate contracts with the supplier community to ensure ConAgra becomes a preferred partner with our vendors
- Continuously deliver high quality analytics, algorithms and models with a focus on driving results
- Experience producing high quality, well-regarded insights & analytics work
- A higher degree in statistics, econometrics, machine-learning, physics, chemistry, applied mathematics or other related quantitative field is preferred
- Ph.D with 2+ years experience, Masters with 4+ years or Bachlors with 6+ years
- Strong coding skills, preferable python or other similar language
- Experience with relational databases / SQL
- Understanding AWS S3, HDFS, Hbase, or other non-relational DB
- Experience in working with un-cleaned data
- Modeling skills required, from machine learning to more ad-hoc methods
- Have worked full problem solutions, from research definition from a business need, through data handling, modeling and result interpretation.
- Abilty to work both in a group, and unsupervised individually
- Proven track record of delivering actionable business recommendations, influencing decisions, and impacting results
- Strong priority management skills so to ensure analytical resources are leveraged and applied to the most important business issues.
- Hands on experience with large scale data processing software and tools (Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce etc.) preferred
- Proven strong oral and written communication skills, especially the ability to explain difficult concepts in simple, applicable business terms
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.