Sr Packaging Engineer
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
A Senior Packaging Engineer leads the identification, development and commercialization of new, improved, and cost-reduced packaging while supporting the cross-functional project tasks. This position primarily leads complex base business projects and further supports the technical initiatives by the senior or principal engineer. Will act as a key packaging resource for multiple brand(s) and/or platform. Will work independently.
- Lead technical delivery of base business projects independently while simultaneously supporting high complexity technical projects.
- Develop ideas for savings, innovation, and quality improvements that are relevant to the business.
- Collaborate with business, and technical peers on assigned brand(s), as well as external partners and resources.
- Independently plan, execute, and analyze plant/pilot plant/lab trials.
- Prepare and present results of technical report to leadership team, both written and oral.
- Review and approve, interpret, develop, and issue technical specifications.
- Utilized as a subject matter expert in selected packaging technology platforms.
- Establish strong working relationship with key suppliers.
- Maintain strong understanding and application of experimental design, performance specs, and CQV design.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the packaging principles and operating systems for the assigned business.
- Maintain awareness of technical trends and developments in the packaging industry.
- Participate and/or lead brainstorming and information gathering for resource planning process as needed.
- Mentor to associate engineers.
- Gain familiarity with fiscal and strategic plans of team.
- Contribute as needed on cross-functional teams.
- Become aware of project tasks implications to budget.
- Bachelors in Packaging, Engineering, or related field required, Masters preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in packaging industry, CPG preferred.
- Strong understanding of packaging materials capabilities and equipment.
- Understanding of government regulatory requirements in the processing of food.
- Strong ability to collaborate and maintain cross-functional partnerships, internally and externally.
- Ability to effectively, appropriately communicate to senior organization, verbally and nonverbally.
- Advanced analytical and logical problem solving abilities.
- Basic understanding of food science and how food affects packaging.
- Basic understanding of food safety, sanitary design, and equipment cleaning.
- Thorough understanding of physical and structure package testing procedures.
- Financial understanding to optimize profitability.
- Teambuilding skills that focus on mentoring and coaching.
- Exposure to manufacturing environments for periodic extended work days to include: loud noise, excessive heat, cold, wet, and slippery conditions.
- Ability to travel up to 20% to 40% of the time
- Ability to lift 25 to 50 lbs
- Ability to stand for sit or stand for extended periods of time
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.