Systems Engineer - Virtual Desktop
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Conagra Brands is comprised of individuals who are driven by our values to build the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. We are an inclusive, energized team that works together to challenge conventions, cultivate new ideas and deliver impactful results. Our timeless ideals inspire us to work with integrity, agility, and broad-mindedness, focusing on both the strength of our shared leadership and our external results. Conagra Brands is driving long-term growth and profitability through enhanced focus, a modernized core business and strategic M&A. After becoming a pure-play, branded food company, Conagra Brands is growing again, by upgrading the quality of our revenue base and rebuilding our Innovation pipeline, which is delivering results. Our diverse portfolio of iconic brands such as Reddi-wip, Healthy Choice, PAM, Hunts and Orville Redenbacher’s span the breadth of the food industry.
Our teams are focused on delivering next generation IT capabilities to unlock growth and deliver business results. In support of that, we are looking for a Systems Engineer in our Omaha office. The focus of this role will be to lead the Virtual Desktop services at Conagra Brands.
- Ensure the consistent, reliable and business partner centric service delivery through our global managed service provider for End User Support of Virtual Desktop services.
- Act as a point of escalation and business partner advocate for production support issues in partnership with our global managed service provider
- Develop and manage the architecture, design, and release strategy for virtualization technologies
- Define best practices and serve as a business partner consultant for use of different virtualization technologies
- Partner with IT peers to shape a strategy for desktop resiliency and lay foundation for BYOD
- Maintain relationships with strategic suppliers and stay apprised of latest virtualization technologies
- Participate in M&A integration projects to ensure successful desktop and application access
- Develop and document processes and procedures for Virtual Desktop services
- Lead capacity and load testing of virtual environments to ensure a robust environment
- Partner with Asset Management to ensure compliance on licensed software
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Domestic Travel: 10%
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience with VMWare Horizon
- Work with a team as well as independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with multiple internal business partners
- Problem solving ability (troubleshooting, prioritization, and escalation skills)
- Planning skills
- Adaptability and flexibility in a fast-changing environment
- Previous experience with Citrix
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.