Team Leader - Production
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
The production supervisor leads team members to identify, manage, and execute the plant’s process improvement opportunities, manage production staff to attain production and quality goals, identify bottlenecks or problems in production processes and resolves issues. Ensures production resources including materials, equipment, and human resources are available as needed to maintain production schedules. Supports continuous improvement goals in safety, quality, cost and customer service. Responsible for managing and owning various functions of the business and creating an engaged and team oriented workforce to improve business results.
- Supervises, controls, and coordinates the department activities to insure production schedules are met in a cost-effective manner consistent with all company standards.
- Acts as a primary resource to production team to help drive CPS and world class results in the areas of Safety, Quality, Cost, Productivity, Delivery, and Engagement.
- Manages production and maintenance activities to meet plant goals efficiently and effectively.
- Leads and engages team members to in improve systems, processes and procedures.
- Leads by example and demonstrates corporate and plant values.
- Maintains team’s adherence to employee handbook, GMP’s and other plant policies and procedures.
- Coaches team in personal accountability, giving and receiving feedback, root cause analysis, problem solving, decision making, trade-off analysis, interpersonal communications and external interactions
- Troubleshoots problems and implements corrective actions through root cause analysis.
- Conducts frequent Safety coaching and leads implementation of safe work practices.
- Leads and/or actively participates in Focused Improvement Teams to improve Safety, Quality, Service and Cost.
- Leads team in tracking and understanding Key Performance Indicators, Gap Analysis, and creating action plans to address performance gap’s.
- Provides frequent informal and periodic formal job performance feedback to team.
- Responsible for Food Safety and Quality
- Associates Degree in a technical or business related field.
- Bachelors Degree in a technical or business related field
- Minimum three (3) years successfully leading high performance teams and engaging team members to improve business results including employee hiring and retention, training and development, performance reviews and discipline.
- Ability to think ahead and plan over an extended time period and prepare action plans to achieve results
- Working knowledge of production equipment and systems including maintenance activities.
- Plant manufacturing experience
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Team leadership skills and project management proficiency
- Self-motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills including oral, written and listening.
- Union food experience with dairy or aseptic thermal processing and packaging.
- Project Management experience
- Knowledge of TPM, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Knowledge of FDA and USDA policies and procedures
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, and feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; taste and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee will be exposed to a noisy environment that varies from hot to cold in temperature. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.