Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
The Commodity Specialist supports the Commodity program internally and acts as a Sales extension specializing in state specific commodity regulations. This position is an extension to the Sales team as there is daily communication with the direct school customers, distributor network and broker network. Securing USDA commodities can help secure our business with the schools. Additionally, this position is responsible for the daily internal administration of the USDA Commodity program and insuring the government regulations are adhered to and enforced.
- Operation of the commodity software program
- Daily Refund Processing
- Accountability for set-up and maintenance of the Net Off-Invoice (NOI) Program
- Receipt of Incoming Commodity Loads
- Customer/Vendor Set-Up and Maintenance
- Work with customers to stay under 6-months inventory as required by Federal regulations
- Sales Support
- Assist Brokers with questions on their state specific regulations
- Explain the commodity program to schools to help secure their diversions
- Address school customer questions and concerns
- Ensure proper invoicing for net bill customers
- Reconcile balances monthly at the state and school district levels and submit State Monthly Performance Reports (MPR)
- Monthly mailing of school district statements, broker and Sales year to date Monthly Performance Reports and co-op reports
- Coordination and execution of transfers
- Production Tracking Records
- Customer Filing
- Provide back-up support for the East Division Commodity Specialist
- Assist in Bid Department during heavy bid season
- High School diploma or GED required; Associates or Bachelors degree preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- High level of detail and accuracy
- Ability to perform multiple stage projects to their completion
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.