Manager Plant Finance
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
The Manager Plant Finance will be a key player in the plant management team, for a medium/large plant, providing key analysis and insights to guide decision making, as well as taking a leadership role in challenging the plant to improve financial performance. Provides strong leadership and direction to the local plant finance team to ensure the financial accounting and reporting needs of the plant are met to enable the plant management team to meet their budgeted financial goals and objectives. Ensures all plant accounting/reporting is done in a timely and accurate manner and in accordance with US GAAP Accounting Standards and accounting policies/ procedures for the company. 5 years related experience.
- Lead and develop the local plant finance team
- Provide financial advice, along with accurate and timely operational performance reporting, to the plant management team to ensure sound financial and operational decisions
- Use analysis techniques and metrics to identify and make recommendations to plant management to improve operational performance and lower unit costs
- Provide finance leadership for Lean Manufacturing/TPM initiatives at the plant level
- Instill strong cost control, planning, and forecasting discipline to assist senior plant management and department heads in controlling manufacturing costs
- Lead the monthly forecasting process and annual business planning process for the plant, including preparation of the financial manufacturing business plan, product standard costs, forwarding looking monthly forecasts, and monthly variance analysis against forecast and plan
- Assist plant management team with capital planning, including calculating and evaluating financial payback on all capital expenditure proposals
- Work with divisional and corporate finance/business units on a number of initiatives including: providing cost information for innovation and cost reduction projects, identifying cost/performance improvement opportunities and leadership of divisions or companywide initiatives
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the plants accounting systems and records, as well as strict compliance to all company policies, procedures and controls
- Develop necessary ERP system proficiency for both finance and other plant functions (SAP experience preferred)
- Leverage systems capability to enhance data access, analytical information and management reporting
- Key focus areas include materials cost and usage management, labor cost and utilization, asset utilization and overhead expenditure control
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or Finance required
- CMA or CPA preferred
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in Finance/Accounting in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with financial modeling
- Fundamental knowledge of, understanding of internal and external research methods for, and driving compliance of GAAP
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access)
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups and other data manipulation formulas)
- Experience working with and making recommendations for efficiencies with systems and tools, such as SAP (R/3, FICO, BI)
- Ability to identifying areas for continuous improvement and/or cost reductions and making recommendations for enhancement
- Ability to consolidate complex information into usable customer oriented formats
- Experience working closely with internal customers, peers and effectively managing those relationships
- Experience providing insightful analysis to business partners in response to business need or opportunity
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, change and a dynamic business environment.
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.