Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Who is Conagra Brands?
We are an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.
What Can You Expect from Your Internship?
Your internship will be an 11-week immersion into Conagra Brands and our Environment, Health and Safety organization. You will be responsible for one large primary project as well as other small projects. Projects will vary based may include:
- Serving as a member of an audit team conducting safety and environmental audits at company locations;
- Developing a company policy to address a specific regulatory topic in addition to an implementation plan and training materials;
- Analyzing company loss data to develop best practices or guidelines for safe operations including training materials and implementation guides;
- Assisting factory locations with specific projects such as developing lockout/tagout procedures or confined space entry procedures;
- Working with factory locations to improve existing safety processes including but not limited to behavior safety processes and / or regulatory programs
- Conducting safety management system audits in conjunction with factory EHS personnel
- Location: Omaha, NE with travel to plant locations
- Paid Internship
- Interns will work 40 hours a week May 20-August 2, 2019
- Campus housing will be available to those who do not have housing in Omaha.
- Social and Professional Development Opportunities, such as Intern Orientation, Lessons from Leaders and a Summer Send Off
- Functional and Cross Functional Trainings, Overviews, and Learnings
- Intern class of 40+ students from 12+ colleges and universities across the country
- Perks such as dress for your day attire, 1 p.m. dismissals on Fridays, and free downtown parking
Are You the Right Candidate?
We’re looking for a driven, highly motivated individual who wants to be part of cultivating the most energized, highest impact culture in the food industry. If you are craving an opportunity to build your talents, make a difference, and be empowered to kick start your professional career in a refuse-to-lose environment, then we want to meet you! We encourage you to discover your own potential and we will provide you with unparalleled opportunities to make an impact. Qualified candidates:
- Are currently enrolled in a degree program with at least 1 semester remaining after your internship
- Are graduating in Fall 2019 or Spring 2020, but Spring 2021 graduates may be considered
- Are pursuing a degree in Occupational Safety or related field
- Must attach a resume to your application and should indicate anticipated graduation date
- Must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future and must be authorized to work in the United States
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.