Teamleader Maintenance (Supervisor)
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Position Summary: This position supervises 15-20 employees covering 3 shifts while assuring proper operation of all Utilities System & Equipment and that all PSM, RMP, and Loss Prevention policies & procedures are followed. This position reports to the Principle Plant Engineer
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following
- Process Safety Management Compliance
- Refrigeration Systems
- Plant Air System
- Plant Steam System
- Plant Water System
- Follow USDA,HACCP and Food Safety Policies and Procedures
- Follow Employee Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures
- Initiate FSMOC’s and assures all precautions are followed to ensure food safety
- Daily safety meetings to ensure company safety and environmental policies are followed
- Assign work orders using an SAP System and monitor employees progress
- Requisition materials when needed to complete work orders
Fiscal & Personal Accountability:
Departmental Budget: Manage operational maintenance budget for responsible departments.
Payroll/Benefit Budget and Headcount: Manage hourly maintenance support personnel for responsible departments. Professional Scope: This Person has the responsibility of making sure the plant complies with PSM, RMP and Loss Prevention policies and are operating by OSHA guidelines in reference to these policies.
- Direct Reports: All bargaining employees assigned to department.
Service Relationships: Must be able to interact with Maintenance Manager,
Supervisors, Planners, USDA, Sanitation, HACCP personnel, Outside Contractors, Vendors and Maintenance and Production employees.
Oversees all aspects of the Buildings, Grounds Boiler, Refrigeration and systems. Schedule work and manpower to meet production demands., maintain the preventative maintenance system and work toward meeting or exceeding the plants safety and uptime goals. Control maintenance expenses by monitoring overtime and parts expenses weekly.
Establish and maintain mechanical integrity and equipment reliability programs to ensure employee safety provide environmental security and maximize the plant’s availability, product quality, and cost effectiveness. Other primary duties include: ownership of the plant’s PM/PdM activities; leadership of equipment performance tracking and repair/improvement prioritization; technical guidance and coaching of mechanical craftsmen; and engineering support of maintenance and capital projects.
Minimum education and experience required: Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering or related field. Minimum 5-10 yrs. Industrial maintenance experience required. Computer literacy is required. Must have a Industrial Ammonia Refrigeration Operator 1 Certificate.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required: Employee must have a comprehensive knowledge of
- GMP,PSM ,RMP, Loss Prevention policies
- Supervision/ compliance of contractors, vendors
- Operation of all plant utilities.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of ammonia refrigeration,
boilers and steam distribution, compressed air and water systems
- Must be able to adapt/manage change, work under pressure, make good decisions, monitor and enforce policies and procedures.
- Previous supervisory experience required
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blue prints, schematics, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Knowledge and experience with Preventative Maintenance programs. Knowledge of Electronic and Electrical principals.
- Experienced at writing: employee appraisals/evaluations, Maintenance procedures and Job Descriptions.
- Must be computer literate.
- CAD/Drafting experience desirable.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, and feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; taste and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee will be exposed to a noisy environment that varies from hot to cold in temperature. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.