Analyst, Integrated Margin Management
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Integrated Margin Management (IMM) is part of the pricing strategy team within the revenue management group and is responsible for connecting commodity costs with holistic company-wide strategies defending or enhancing our gross margin through procurement, commodity risk management, and pricing actions. The IMM team works closely with our pricing strategy and procurement teams on a daily basis.
This role will be based in Chicago, IL and report directly to the Manager of Integrated Margin Management. The IMM Analyst will assist in the rollout of the IMM process across our brands by helping to build the capability to automatically pull retail pricing, retail trade, commodity market, and financial data from various sources into dashboards maintained by the IMM team and distributed to cross-functional decision makers. He/she will be responsible for partnering with procurement and risk management stakeholders to understand and help communicate the impact of realized and expected commodity market fluctuations to our brands. He/she will track and analyze the behavior of our competitors to assess their pricing responses to changes in commodity conditions. He/she will facilitate strategic cross-functional meetings to discuss actions aimed at defending or enhancing the gross margins of our brands based on developments at the retail shelf, our input costs, and insightful data analysis.
The IMM Analyst is expected to develop an in-depth understanding of the needs of IMM’s cross-functional partners as well as the available tools for managing pricing, trade, and procurement strategies.
- Create, monitor, and disseminate dashboards to cross-functional partners.
- Provide cross-functional analytics support through a combination of data mining, data modeling, data analysis, cost/benefit analysis, process mapping, and/or problem analysis.
- Partner with assigned brands to understand and support their ability to manage cost inflation.
- Work closely with our procurement team to understand commodity markets and their drivers.
- Support monthly and quarterly meetings facilitating actionable discussions for stakeholders.
- Facilitate the creation and monitoring of brand-specific strategies for managing cost inflation through pricing, hedging, and procurement activity. Create and monitor compliance KPIs.
- Provide impactful insights and recommendations to stakeholders and upper management.
- Support continued efforts to enhance dashboard capabilities, refine reports, and automate work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, or Engineering.
- 0-2 years of professional experience; 1 year CPG and/or procurement or pricing experience preferred.
- Required experience working with data visualization tools such as Tableau and Microsoft PowerBi
- Strong analytical skills; some pricing and/or commodities market knowledge preferred.
- Demonstrated self-starter with communication, collaboration, and leadership skills.
- Must be comfortable working in cross-functional role and navigating many stakeholders.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel; knowledge of PowerQuery and PowerPivot a plus. Experience interfacing with databases and writing queries to pull data a plus.
- Knowledge of IRI and/or procurement software solutions preferred but not necessary.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.