Associate Manager, Category Leadership - Foodservice
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Job Profile Summary
Assists with supporting growth in growth and nurture platforms. Delivers category initiatives and analysis to field sales. Supports field in deployment of materials to key customers. Assists manager to deliver category analysis and business implications to sales team, identifying the opportunity to enhance customer/category objectives and those of Conagra. Customizes existing corporate category initiatives and plans to drive Conagra and category sales at the customer. Work with internal partners and distributor contacts to develop and help implement category growth plans.
- Assists manager to deliver category analysis and business implications to sales and broker team and identify the opportunity to enhance customer/category objectives
- Deliver general category management reporting to highlight business performance. Provide ad hoc analysis and project support as required for key customers
- Develop analysis and insights that highlight category assortment opportunities at the local, regional and national levels. Identifies emerging product trends and risks
- Consistently deliver category insights to account in company’s priority categories, striving to, or confirming the position of lead vendor within the category review process
- Work with internal partners and distributor contacts to develop and help implement category growth plans
- Educate sales team on new item initiatives and category rationale for development
- Ensure category initiatives and plans are delivered
- Bachelor’s Degree required (MBA preferred)
- 1–3 Years related experience in sales or analytical roles
- Communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Data integration & interpretation experience
- Problem solving, analytical, and time management skills
- Action-oriented with proactive, self-starting nature
- Ability to synthesize a holistic sales story from multiple sources of data. (i.e. syndicated, customer and industry trends, including NPD SupplyTrack)
- Understands the fundamentals of syndicated panel data
- Special emphasis on spreadsheet development, advanced Excel skills and automation is a plus
- Deliver general category management reporting to highlight business performance. Provide ad hoc analysis and project support as required by the corporate merchandising team
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize/manage multiple projects at once
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.