Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Under limited supervision, researches, conducts experiments, gathers data, develops preliminary findings and prepares written reports for the development of new products beginning at conception through successful commercialization. Drives project timelines, creates technical proposals and reports, and makes recommendations.
- Develop new products beginning at the concept phase through successful commercialization
- Design and conduct plant trials and new product start-ups
- Plan, prioritize and complete tasks effectively and efficiently
- Creates product development schedules that are required to meet project timelines
- Maintain accurate and complete records
- Work with pilot plant equipment under limited supervision
- Learn and utilize on-line specification system
- Design and execute experiments and prepare results for review
- Conceptualize and develop new products prototypes
- Manages individual tasks and works under limited supervision
- Drive product cuttings, plant trials, and testing
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe work area, including the cleaning of equipment, utensils and work surfaces
- BS in Food Science. MS preferred
- 3 years of relevant work experience
- Pro-active self-starter, willing to accept responsibility for business tasks
- Ability to independently manage project work.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrate ability to communicate well and to effectively influence and interact with others to accomplish research goals.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software
- Problem solving skills
- Requires knowledge in food product design, formulation, ingredient functionality and interaction, process design, product scale-up, plant testing and commercialization
- Good understanding of food industry standards of quality and foods safety, and FDA regulations.
- Work in and around cramped/confined spaces
- Climbing to various heights via stairs or ladders
- Exposure to manufacturing environments for periodic extended work days to include: loud noise, excessive heat, cold, wet, and slippery conditions.
- Use of tools, equipment, and machinery
- Driving a company or rental vehicle for up to 6 hours as needed
- May travel up to 30% of time. Must be able to travel independently and as a responsible CAG representative.
- Exposure to food tasting and smells including all food allergens
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.