Machine Operator, Blender - 1st Shift
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
The Blender will perform a variety of duties including but not limited to completing required paperwork, verifying and blending ingredients into sauces according to instructions, inspection of work environment including sanitizing equipment and ensuring the blend room has no condensation, cleaning machine parts, tools, utensils and work area ensuring good housekeeping and 5S standards are met.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to work the scheduled/assigned times and required overtime for position
- Ability to read, write and comprehend English
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be well organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work individually as well as with others as a team at all levels
- Ability to perform intermediate math functions in English (addition, subtraction, division, fractions)
- Basic knowledge of computers
- Ability to push or pull up to 50 lbs. repetitively
- Ability to weigh-up ingredients
- Obtain all required paperwork for shift (e.g., scale verification, batch blend, time blend)
- Check pipes and doors for loose parts
- Dry condensation in blend room when necessary
- Sanitize equipment as necessary
- Review requisition and batch sheets to ensure all items and quantities received are correct
- Perform scale audits and complete batch checklist
- Measure and blend ingredients into sauce according to batch sheet instructions
- Monitor blending process
- Clean machine parts, tools, utensils and work area ensuring good housekeeping and 5S standards are met
- Complete all required paperwork and document critical data
- May perform general labor duties as assigned
- May perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of GMP’s and food allergens
- Ability to be LOTO Certified
- Ability to identify Critical Control Points (CCP)
- Knowledge of the 5S concept
- Ability to work with pork, chicken, beef and shellfish products in addition to many other ingredients and allergens
Education: High school diploma or GED preferred.
Experience: Minimum 3 months production or related experience preferred.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.