Operations Manager - Oakdale Plant
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Accountable for the day-to-day operations of plant production departments. Functional responsibilities include production and production planning. Implements standard work and maintains improvement through sustaining behaviors, operating with discipline, and implementing autonomous maintenance. Performs a wide variety of duties in order to plan, organize, and coordinate production departments. Oversees several shift managers in supporting a safe and efficient operation to produce wholesome quality products. Works closely with Human Resources, Continuous Improvement, and Quality to ensure all production goals are met.
- Execute plant-specific vision and mission to assure continuous improvement and alignment with the corporate vision.
- Direct and oversee all production supervisors and their roles and responsibilities throughout the day.
- Drive employee engagement, training, and development to maximize manufacturing, quality, safety, and productivity goal attainment.
- Communicate results and action plans to all employees and managers.
- Temporarily fill role of Plant Manager if needed.
- Collaborate directly with production planning and materials management to optimize scheduled attainment and customer service.
- Communicate directly with Human Resources to ensure employee issues or concerns are correctly addressed and resolved.
- Collaborate with finance to create and execute a capital budget to insure that financial allocations and obligations are set, administered, and met.
- Initiate cost savings measures relating to crewing, standards, and yields.
- Ensure that all plant operations are conducted in a safe and controlled environment.
- Ensure all quality and regulatory standards, specifications, and policies are met or exceeded.
- Responsible for reporting any food safety issues to supervision.
- 5 – 7 years Manufacturing experience
- 3 – 5 years Management / Supervisory experience
- Food industry experience in a union environment preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Industrial Management, Engineering, Food Science, Management, Product Operations, or equivalent field of study
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Strong computer application skills, including the utilization of mainframe, network, and PC business application software.
- Basic mathematical and statistical skills
- Basic financial skills and understanding
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, and feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; taste and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee will be exposed to a noisy environment that varies from hot to cold in temperature. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.