Principal Packaging Engineer
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
A Principal Packaging Engineer leads the identification, development and commercialization of new, improved, and cost-reduced packaging while also leading cross-functional project teams. This position will primarily be the key technical project leader for several business platforms and a cross-functional leader for both big bet and major base business projects. Will act as a technical mentor and resource for a platform.
- Champions ideas for technology improvements, cost savings, innovations that align with strategic fit of projects.
- Recognized and utilized as a subject matter expert and technical packaging leader.
- Drive specific project execution to deliver against platform business objectives.
- Define technical objectives for assigned business and projects.
- Excel at handling complex tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Collaborates directly with internal business peers and cross functional teams at a high level.
- Cultivates and fosters relationships with external partners and resources.
- Exhibit a high level of professionalism and positively contributes to the image of the company in technical community.
- Maintain excellent understanding and application of experimental design, performance specs, and CQV design.
- Maintain high awareness of technical trends and developments in the packaging industry.
- Mentor packaging engineers.
- Bachelors in Packaging, Engineering, or related field with minimum 10 years relevant work experience in packaging industry (CPG preferred) or Masters / PhD in Packaging or related field with minimum 7 years relevant work experience in packaging industry required.
- Experience with government regulatory requirements in the processing of food.
- Excellent understanding of packaging materials capabilities and equipment.
- Advanced knowledge of test methodology.
- Thorough understanding of food science and how food is affected in packaging.
- Thorough understanding of food safety, sanitary design, and equipment cleaning.
- Thorough understanding of physical and structure package testing procedures.
- Able to analyze all aspects of new package systems.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate and maintain cross-functional partnerships.
- Good negotiating skills when working through conflict resolution.
- Ability to pursue exclusivity patents.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Exposure to manufacturing environments for periodic extended work days to include: loud noise, excessive heat, cold, wet, and slippery conditions.
- Ability to travel up to 20% to 50% of the time
- Ability to lift 25 to 50 lbs
- Ability to stand for sit or stand for extended periods of time
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.