Production Line Leader
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
We are currently accepting applications to fill a Production Line Leader position. Leads team members to identify, manage, and execute the plants process improvement opportunities. Manages production staff to attain production and quality goals. Identifies problems or bottlenecks in production processes and resolves issues. Ensures production resources including materials, equipment and human resources are available as needed to maintain production schedules. Supports continuous improvement goals in safety, quality, cost and customer service. Responsible for managing and owning various functions of the business and creating an engaged and team-oriented work force to improve business results.
- Acts as a primary resource to production team to help drive CPS and world class results in the areas of Safety, Quality, Cost, Productivity, Delivery, and Engagement.
- Manages production and maintenance activities to meet plant goals efficiently and effectively.
- Leads and engages team members to in improve systems, processes and procedures.
- Leads by example and demonstrates corporate and plant values.
- Maintains team’s adherence to employee handbook, GMP’s and other plant policies and procedures.
- Coaches team in personal accountability, giving and receiving feedback, root cause analysis, problem solving, decision making, trade-off analysis, interpersonal communications and external interactions
- Troubleshoots problems and implements corrective actions through root cause analysis.
- Seeks and provides resources for team and provides necessary training that will assist the team in reaching its goals.
- Conducts frequent Safety coaching and leads implementation of safe work practices.
- Leads and/or actively participates in Focused Improvement Teams to improve Safety, Quality, Service and Cost.
- Leads team in tracking and understanding Key Performance Indicators, Gap Analysis, and creating action plans to address performance gap’s.
- Actively reinforces key CPS concepts daily through coaching and auditing of team members.
- Provides frequent informal and periodic formal job performance feedback to team.
- Facilitates and reacts to non-routine and crisis situations.
- Responds to and utilizes communication tools (i.e. cell phones, computers).
- Provides scheduled personnel coverage for vacations, personal holidays, and for other crews.
Education and Experience:
·Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or business-related field is preferred.
·Minimum three (3) years successfully leading high performance teams and engaging team members to improve business results including employee hiring and retention, training and development, performance reviews and discipline.
·Working knowledge of production equipment and systems including maintenance activities.
·Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement activities and autonomous maintenance.
·Proficient in the use of Microsoft programs including Word, Excel and Outlook.
·Team leadership skills and project management proficiency.
·Self-motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision.
·Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
·Ability to work as a member of and/or lead cross-functional teams.
·Ability to manage and prioritize one’s own time consistent with the needs of the business.
·Ability to perform formal root cause analysis to identify and resolve downtime/inefficient operational issues.
·Excellent communication skills including oral, written and listening.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, and feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; taste and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee will be exposed to a noisy environment that varies from hot to cold in temperature. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.