Sanitation Coordinator Night Shift $16.80 hour
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safety, demonstrate behaviors in support of company safety procedures with focus on zero injuries. This includes driving results though behavioral observations, participation in Unified Problem Solving (UPS) and daily trainings.
- Quality, demonstrate behaviors in support of quality work processes to include; document & track production variables, chemicals, product samples, etc.
- Continuous Improvement, actively support the Conagra Performance System-CPS. Experience high performance work systems; 5S, working in teams, problem solving, TPM, training, continuous skills development-CSD, auditing, planned and/or autonomous maintenance-AM.
- Provides a professional, high standard of leadership to the team(s) within their span of responsibility that ultimately supports a positive level of engagement and inclusivity. This includes being fair, equitable and accountable to the standards set for safety, quality, efficiencies, work practices and professional conduct.
- Support and govern all rules and regulations of both the department and plant; where deficiencies exist within the framework of this, identify and coach the employee and if needed, involve the supervisor for support. The Sanitation Coordinator has ownership to drive the issue to completion.
- Serves as a sanitor-trainer. The Sanitation Coordinator is responsible for coaching and training new sanitors, and providing refresher training/assisting existing sanitors.
- Communicates effectively (including reading, writing, computer). Prepares and leads meetings as needed.
- Assists team leads, operators, sanitors and mechanics with all equipment cleaning and with urgency around keeping equipment up and running; Sanitation Coordinators are responsible for ensuring their area is kept cleaned with labor and equipment maximized at all times. Sanitation Coordinators are expected to coach team members to high levels of responsibility, accountability and ownership for their assignment.
- Serve as representatives of sanitation for contact with the maintenance mechanics and provide the required leadership to resolve equipment issues expeditiously and where needed, seek team lead support in a timely manner.
- Monitors, instructs and teaches CPS or any related programs and other work systems to sanitors and where required provides coaching to close the gaps in understanding. Will lead or participate in improvement initiatives and teams, to include 5S, SRC, BDAR, RCO, etc.
- Drive 5S, housekeeping and GMP, especially as it relates to sanitation, production lines, equipment, tools, and production floor area.
- Have high expectations of interaction, engagement, coaching and leadership of any team(s) under their direction at all times. The Sanitation Coordinators ensure their team members are on-time to and from work, lunches, breaks, etc. Coaching and discussions around team building are expected. Resolution to correction of these issues would be expected in all cases.
- Attend Daily DDS (as directed) on a timely basis and where needed, attend and speak to their respective area in other meetings.
- Be flexible and will go to where the need is for them and attend meetings as needed.
- Model exemplary behavior that supports sound business and ethical standards.
- Support and coordinates activities in other areas and other shifts.
- Is subject to assignments and overtime.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Solid working knowledge of sanitation, equipment and operations.
- History and reputation of solid performance, sound judgment, consistently reliability in attendance and other commitments, sense of urgency and positive leadership.
- Ability to read, interprets, calculate, and report data used in our business.
- Ability to communicate effectively across the organization.
- Reputation as being self-driven and hard working.
- Experience in producing quality sanitation services in a safe, efficient and timely manner.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Food Safety and Quality
- Training experience or post-high school education
- Previous leadership and/or training experience preferred
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Sit, stand, walk and climb stairs frequently and use the catwalk over the production lines
- Stoop/bend to pick up boxes, over wrap, etc.
- Twist while loading supplies
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- May be subject to blood borne pathogens and other infectious illnesses, occupational hazardous materials and associated protective activities and donning personal protective equipment
- Use hands, talk/hear in order to give direction
- Use computer to develop materials and communication
- Must be flexible to embrace and lead others through change
- Must be willing to accept responsibility and accountability
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. The Company recognizes that an individual with a disability may require an accommodation to enable him/her to successfully perform a job function. Consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.