Sr Continuous Improvement Specialist
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Coordinates Conagra Performance System (CPS) with Platform, Plant and CPS Leadership to drive sustainable processes and results. Works with key leaders on pillar strategy, standard methods, auditing/assessment, pillar loss identification/analytics, and deployment of the right tools to attack losses. Helps with pillar education, training and creation of a continuous learning environment for assigned area. Helps plants identify potential process implementation issues and develop plans to overcome. Works with resources in the use of best practices across the enterprise.
- Implements focused continuous improvement processes and metrics to identify, understand, & eliminate losses, increase throughput, & deliver CCR targets.
- Works with the Zero Loss Pillar to identify areas of waste / variation to help target & prioritize projects that will reduce operating costs.
- Guides plant AMD teams to ensure standard practices, reapplication of improvements, calibration of approach and effectiveness of processes.
- Provides leadership & coaching for AMD specialists necessary to help drive rapid results through AMD step progression as well as a variety of other improvement methods.
- Ensures the development of internal resource capability within plants
- Acts as a key change agent for CI results achievement and glide path results
- Leads AMD pillar with strong collaboration and alignment to all pillars (PM, FI, CSD, ZLA, EHS, QM, EM), in coordination with platform operations and other pillar leader.
- Helps drive operational reliability (OEE) through people development.
- Implement all Autonomous Maintenance best practices to ensure standardization and drive toward “zero loss culture”.
- Promotes high performance culture and 100% true employee ownership.
- Ensure programs and systems provide for maximum safety, quality, and productivity.
- Performs checks/audits per process to ensure project results and management systems sustain/improve.
- Ensures effective documentation & system ownership within the platform for all standard practices in AMD. Develops playbooks, OPLs, and overviews as needed.
- Responsible for Food Safety and Food Quality
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required, BS degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Project Management, or related discipline preferred
- 2+ years of plant / operations experience required, 3-5 years preferred
- Proven record of driving improvement & solving problems.
- Demonstrated experience in leading change & situational leadership
- Credibility with Supply Chain Senior leadership & plant managers
- Outstanding conceptual/process skills
- Clear ability to relate to and motivate people
- Excellent presentation, coaching & communication skills
- Likes being in plants and close to operations
- Good project management skills
- Experience in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Ability to learn and use web development tools
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.