Sr. Procurement Specialist Marketing
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
This position will be responsible for supporting strategic sourcing activities that may include functions within Marketing, Sales, RQI, Foodservice and Corporate Communications groups. This position must provide best in class and innovative sourcing strategies to meet the current and future needs of the businesses supported by the function. This includes supporting agency/vendor relationships in collaboration with the Precision Marketing Group and other organizations supported, developing a clear knowledge of supplier capabilities in evolving spaces, securing engagement through data-driven business cases, gaining alignment from business partners, leading teams through the execution of key category initiatives, researching and benchmarking key external agency data to enable best practice analysis and implementation, leading contract negotiations and collaborations with key internal stakeholders and performing and coordinating risk and financial analysis of suppliers.
- Manages supplier performance reviews with the internal stakeholders to measure and document supplier performance, identify development areas and establish corrective action plans for improved performance and delivery.
- Ensures that strategies are up to date for all major areas.
- Exercises independent judgment, initiative and decision making.
- Supports team members in negotiations
- Provide strategic sourcing solutions for internal stakeholders.
- Read, draft and negotiate contracts.
- Drive efficiency opportunities.
- Foster relationships with business partners.
- Understand goals and business needs to provide value to the all internal stakeholders
- Provide on-going industry insight.
- Manage appropriate internal systems i.e. SAP, CMD and Accolade.
- Builds business relationships and structures to yield best value for the company.
- Thinks though processes and relationship scenarios and advises internal stakeholders on value added approaches.
- Drive working capital initiatives.
- Benchmarks, analyzes, and negotiates cost and value added in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Manages supplier set up process for Marketing Procurement team.
- Maintains accurate and complete contract records.
- Coordinates RFI, RFP and RFQ processes with stakeholders to identify, select and engage suppliers to ensure competitive market advantage, leverage spend, improve performance and reduce costs.
Qualifications/ Education/Experience/ Skills:
- Experienced professional with knowledge and understanding of marketing / brand processes.
- Strong background in marketing with legal contract knowledge
- Marketing sourcing experience
- Detail oriented with project management and negotiation skills.
- Requires a BA degree in Marketing or Business Administration.
- Minimum 5 years of experience procuring marketing related products and services, including but not limited to exposure to industry agency compensation methodologies, extensive knowledge of contract terms and provisions, and a strong understanding of key advertising spend categories (media, merchandising, production)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Meticulous organizational skills.
- Expert listener.
- Consistent and timely follow through.
- Must be comfortable under pressure and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Team-focused attitude, passion for working behind the scenes
- Experience in negotiations.
- Strong analytical skills.
- The role requires a proactive work ethic, diplomacy, relationship building skills, analytical skills, communication skills, resourcefulness, the ability to work effectively with cross functional team members, multi-tasking and time management skills.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
WHO IS CONAGRA BRANDS?
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.